Events Made Easy Forums How do I … rsvp list that shows both 'will attend' and 'will not attend'

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In our context we need to be able to have people RSVP to tell us whether or not they are attending. Want to be able to display that list…so for example

person 1 – Yes, will attend
    person 2 – Yes, will attend
    person 3 – No, will not attend

etc

What are your suggestions for how to set this up? I created a custom field, a radio button for ‘Yes/No’ and added this to the registration form and then tried to display this as part of the attendees list but it didn’t seem to accept a custom field…it wouldn’t display…

thanks very much for your help…terrific plugin!!

Franky
    Keymaster

The custom fields are only visible for a bookings list (since they belong to the booking, not the person). Check out the doc there.
    Also: EME can provide you by default with an attendance-like event, just set that option when creating the event and defining the rsvp section …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it. However, can this be done via the front end event submission form?

Franky
    Keymaster

See the doc on that:

= How about extra event properties =
    Many newer event options are stored in properties, see eme_events.php for a whole list.
    A small enumeration:
    auto_approve (*)
    ignore_pending (*)
    all_day (*)
    take_attendance (*)
    min_allowed
    max_allowed
    rsvp_end_target
    rsvp_discount
    rsvp_discountgroup
    use_worldpay (*)
    use_stripe (*)
    use_braintree (*)

You can use these like this: EMEFS::property(‘xxx’);
    For the ones marked with (*), use the extra binary option: EMEFS::property(‘xxx’,’binary’);

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

as i have to add into this topic, as i cannot create a new topic (why?), but my problem is the same as the OT anyway. If i use BOOKINGS i see all people not only the once that will attend. If i use ATTENDEES i get the list i want, but the custom field is not shown.

I use the “yes no” attend-option for the event, but i cannot find out how to do what Franky means with:

“Also: EME can provide you by default with an attendance-like event, just set that option when creating the event and defining the rsvp section …”

And the second post of Franky completly confuses me .. What is EMEFS::proerty(‘xxx’) .. where should i add it and how should it help me?

What shall i define in the rsvp section (what rsvp section in the first place)? Can you give an example?

Best regards
    Hurz

Franky
    Keymaster

Maybe akismet tags your post as spam … I’ll check, but I can’t change akismet (it is wordpress …).
    The custom field in RSVP is booking related, not person. So it works only for bookings, not attendees.
    Concerning the yes/no attendance: look for it when setting the RSVP parameters when defining an event.
    EMEFS::property is for the frontend submission form (a separate EME plugin).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your respond!

I did set the yes/no in the RSVP settings when i set up the event and when a person wants to join/attend/book, she/he gets the “Yes / No” dropdown instead of the spaces/tickets field. But that does not help if i want to show only attending people, but with what they have chosen in the custom field in a list above the event-booking. I understand that the custom field for the RSVP is booking releated, but is that not also the “Yes / No” Answer? There has to be some link somewhere that conencts the person with the booking and the selection made for custom fields.

I could work with it, if the 1 or 0 spaces from #_RESPSPACES would return a Yes or No instead, as i could put it this way in the booking-list format:

<li>#_RESPNAME (#_FIELD{1}) - attends: #_RESPSPACES</li>

At the moment it does return:

Name1 (whatever) – attends: 0
    Name2 (whichever) – attends: 1

Is there wa way to change this maybe by CSS or putting in some code in the php script (i am no dev at all)?

Franky
    Keymaster

You can check the value of #_RESPSPACES by using eme conditional tags, even in the template for bookings.
    See http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-1-conditional-tags/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think i found a solution i can work with:

<li>#_RESPNAME (#_FIELD{1}) - [eme_if tag='#ESC_RESPSPACES' value='1']<font color="green">attending</font>[/eme_if][eme_if2 tag='#ESC_RESPSPACES' value='0']<font color="red">not attending</font>[/eme_if2]</li>

This does give me a list of all that responded to the event and with the choice in the custom field and mentions if the attend or not. Also the color of the text is green or red.

Thank you very much!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got almost everything working perfectly thanks to the responses here…and Hurz – I used your solution above also!! Thanks!

One last little problem…in our context people change their RSVP from yes to no or the reverse…possible several times. I only want to display them once with their most recent response. Is that possible with the conditional tags?

Franky
    Keymaster

That’s not possible. Each time they register in fact (it is not like they change an existing answer, a new one gets inserted). I would recommend emailing them the cancel-link so they can cancel and then redo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can the registration for be made with conditional statements to accomplish this? I probably dont have the syntax tax.

If the person is already registered, show the delete registration form:
    [eme_if tag=‘#_IS_REGISTERED’ <p>Change Registration #_REMOVEBOOKINGFORM</p> ][/eme_if]

if they are not registered show the add booking form.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME can do that, but for that it needs to know who you are when you registered, and that is only possible if you’re logged into WP as a user.
    In EME, when defining the RSVP parameters, you can check the option “require wp membership”
    And then you can use #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_NOT_REGISTERED and #_REMOVEBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thx Franky. They have to be logged in to see events, so not a problem.

Works great!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top