Events Made Easy Forums How do I … RSVP email issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am getting this error message after setting up the information in the RSVP e-mail section.

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:Hosting5939803htmlwp-contentpluginsevents-manager-extendedphpmailerclass-smtp.php on line 163

Message was not sent

Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:Hosting5939803htmlwp-contentpluginsevents-manager-extendedphpmailerclass-smtp.php on line 163

Message was not sent

Can you help. I am trying to use a special email address I set-up on our email server. I also tried to accomplish this via gmail without success.

What am I doing Wrong?

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s like the error says: your smtp server can’t be reached. Make sure your settings are correct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Settings are set according to the smtp server specs, my outlook email is connected and working correctly.

I setup a gmail account and used your settings posted.

This is the error message I get:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed. errno=0 in D:Hosting5939803htmlwp-contentpluginsevents-manager-extendedphpmailerclass-smtp.php on line 122

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail:465 (php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed. errno=0) in D:Hosting5939803htmlwp-contentpluginsevents-manager-extendedphpmailerclass-smtp.php on line 122

Message was not sent

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed. errno=0 in D:Hosting5939803htmlwp-contentpluginsevents-manager-extendedphpmailerclass-smtp.php on line 122

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail:465 (php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed. errno=0) in D:Hosting5939803htmlwp-contentpluginsevents-manager-extendedphpmailerclass-smtp.php on line 122

Message was not sent

Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

After changing information in the textboxes I now get this error message:

Message was not sent

Mailer Error: The following From address failed: reply@ocsopeu.net

Message was not sent

Mailer Error: The following From address failed: reply@ocsopeu.net

I know the email account works as other emails are sent and received to it.

Franky
    Keymaster

The from address is not correct: for gmail you must use your gmail-address as from. See http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?p=214

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried both your settings for gmail, and for my website email. gmail does not connect to the gmail server, my email account we get the error message above, but no messages about not connecting to the mail server.

Like I said earlier I originally set up a gmail account used the setting in your post and could not connect to the gmail mail server, I tried the two ports for my go daddy mail account and I get the fromd address failed. The email account is reply@ocsopeu.net. I send and receive e-mail to that address so I know it works. I can connect to it via microsoft outlook, with the settings I’m using here. So why would it be incorrect?

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

Because it’s your webserver that must be able to connect to the mailserver, not your pc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top