Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Recurring – changes to schedule deletes events and creates new ones

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure if this should be posted as a bug or feature request, so it goes as a feature request:

When changing the dates of a recurring event, it deletes the old events and creates new events.

This will result in a lot of broken links in search engines and from refering websites.

My suggestion is to reuse / update the old events, to prevent broken links.

Best/

Andy

Franky
    Keymaster

When changing the dates, they become new events. Almost impossible to change existing events then: if you change the dates, the recurrence might change as well, so what happens with the “left over days”? And how do you know which “old” events maps to which “new” event? This one is not going to be implemented by me, way too much cases can pop up. In all cases, except for date changes, the events are kept if possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok …that is true …

But, as it is right now …it shows an empty event in case it does not exist …that is bad for Google and the user as well.

How about showing a 404 or making a 301 redirect to /events if an event does not exists?

Best!

Andy

Franky
    Keymaster

The 404 happened to be another feature request I just implemented:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/356289/events-manager-extended/trunk/eme_events.php

Anonymous
    Inactive

That returns an error, because headers are already sent …and content.

Andy

Franky
    Keymaster

that’s weird … it works fine here if I directly go to an event that doesn’t exist. Can you show such an url? Or where the headers are already sent?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you have somtething calling eme_get_event before calling wp_head?

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … your theme seems to be the cause of this. I tried using the standard theme and have no issues. Can you mail/post the header.php of your theme?

Franky
    Keymaster

This issue has been fixed and a properly 404 redirection is done now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Even better now: I use the 404 template of the theme.

Anonymous
    Inactive

More clean, and implementet 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top