Events Made Easy Forums How do I … recurrent event registration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

My client is ready to implement the registration feature, and I have a question: how should an event (class) that runs 5 weeks and occurs one day a week be setup? Here is the example: http://www.bowercenter.org/testsite/events/82/create-memories-with-ceramic-masks).

Once I turned on registration for testing, I realized my setup requires separate registrations for each of the 5 sessions. What am I doing wrong?

Your id is still valid, if you want to look at the setup.

Thanks for any help… Nicole

Franky
    Keymaster

One event that runs 5 weeks but only one day of the week? Not possible for now … the recurrence is the same as for your normal average outlook calendar. So they are in fact 5 seperate events.

Maybe I’ll add an option later on to be able to register for all occurences. Not many people asked for this, but I’ll move it to feature requests.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your response, Franky.

I guess my user (an arts center) does offer a more diverse array of ‘events’ than usual – concerts, exhibits, classes, camps, etc. It is pretty common for a ‘class’ to be structured this way: meet once/twice a week for N weeks, with just one registration.

What I’m thinking of doing is setting up the recurrence, with registration – then de-linking the ones subsequent to the first, removing the registration from those. That way they’ll all display on the calendar, but registration only on the first.

I’m wondering if any of your users have such a scenario – and how they dealt with it? Any input would be appreciated.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you deling the ones subsequent to the first, those won’t show up in the calendar.

What you can do is use the available filters for events and capture the fact that the user registered already. Not that easy to do though …

Edit: I see what you mean 🙂

Easier/quicker: add the recurrence without registration, delink the first one and add the registration there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aha! I knew you’d come up with a better idea… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top