Events Made Easy Forums Generic Question: when is the Ticket PDF being generated?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

just a quick question: When exactly does the generation of ticket pdfs happen in EME?

For admin purposes I created a page on which I list all the bookings for an event and show a link to the ticket PDFs, if bookings are paid/approved (with EME conditional tags). Also, I show the user uploaded files if avaialable.

This is my code snippet for this:
    [eme_if tag="#ESC_IS_PAID" eq=1]Ticket | Badge<br>[/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag="#ESC_FILES"]#_FILES[/eme_if]

But when this page gets displayed, ALL ticket PDFs are being generated on the server, including the unpaid/not approved ones. The conditional tag works correctly – the links are not being displayed on the page. But the ticket PDFs have been generated in the folder /wp-content/uploads/events-made-easy/bookings/ on the server.

Which is kind of a problem for me because I include the #_BOOKINGPAYMENTDATE placeholder, which obviously is not yet available until a payment has been made.

It would help me if I better understood the logic behind the ticket PDFs.
    It seems the generation routine gets triggered every time I use the #_BOOKINGPDF_URL{xx} which makes sense.
    But in my case it fires even though it is “behind” a conditional tag, correct?

Franky
    Keymaster

The eme_if part is being handled the latest (because first the placeholders need to be replaced with actual values before the if-logic can be executed). So that’s why the pdf’s are being generated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it. Makes sense now.
    Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top