Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Question about the csv export

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Good evening,
    first of all: I use the newest version of eme.
    I have some custom fields in my booking form and they are shown in the print view of an event. But if I export the data of this event in a csv file, the data is missing. Do I have to “register” the custom fields in the csv or is it a bug?

Kind regards

Franky
    Keymaster

How do you do the CSV export of the bookings? The custom fields should be there …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I simply click on the button under the events in the overview of all events. Nothing special.
    Additional Info: One of the custom fields is there but not the rest. It’s kinda wierd behavior.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, there’s a difference in the CSV button (on the right) or the CSV link (per event).
    The CSV button only shows what is in the table, the CSV link is for RSVP info.
    And the printable booking report and CSV link export both use the same code logic for extra answers, so …
    Maybe there’s a newline or a “,” in your answer? In that case you should change the CSV export delimiter in the EME settings.

Franky
    Keymaster

Also, if that doesn’t help: feel free to send me some login info so I can check myself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jep, i know the difference between these two buttons. My problem is the CSV Link.
    I tried and changed the delimiter from ‘;’ to ‘,’ and then to ‘|’.
    Nothing changed. There is still only one custom field.

After some more testing:
    Its the fact that the missing fields are packed in #_DYNAMICDATA. Every other field works fine in the csv.
    In the code it looks like one of the foreach loops dont reach deep enough to the key => values of the array.
    I cant debug right now, so I cant tell you the direct spot but the info should do it.

Don’t know if links work here:
    https://imgur.com/a/v90IL

The red squared “1.0.ZusatzPerson” is the missing custom field in the print view. It looks not right at this spot. Thats why I think its the loop problem.

Franky
    Keymaster

That clarifies things. Indeed I didn’t yet include dynamic fields in the export (but I need to double check since you say it works for the printable view).
    Also the next version will change the dynamic thingie to become more versatile, but as a result it is not backwards compatible …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh ok, thanks for the hint. When (approx.) will the next update go live? Maybe i will wait and work on the dynamic data later ..

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, indeed I printed it for the printable report, but for the CSV it in fact breaks the output …
    Anyway, here is the fix:
    http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/1751458

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, this change will be undone and replaced by another one (to keep the CSV info on 1 line per booking)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, understood! Thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top