Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented QR code: page doesn't return anything

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Testing the QR code. Code is shown fine in the PDF, link seems to be correct, browser tries to open page and waits forever.
    Same problem on mobile browser. Checked webserver logging and page is served correctly.
    This is the link that is made by the QR code: https://domain/events/?eme_check_attendance=1&eme_pmt_rndid=5da575ba05fe4_cfeb46704c90060463a138bbf2c6f726

I get no error message and I’m logged in as admin on the site. Event shows up fine on the events page.
    How to diagnose this further?
    Thanks for your help.

J

Franky
    Keymaster

Maybe some security plugin is blocking you? The attendance check *should* work, but please do check if no errors display in your browser console, and in the php error logfiles.
    Feel free to give me a temp admin account (and a real url to check then), so I can see here what it gives (but a “hanging” page often indicates a php issue on the server, like memory shortage or so …).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for super fast reply.
    I checked the browser console, no errors.
    Installed another theme and checked the code in the console. This is the only (relevant) content I get:
    <article id=”post-20″ class=”post-20 page type-page status-publish hentry”>
    <header class=”entry-header”>
    <h1 class=”entry-title”><span>Upcoming Events</span></h1> </header><!– .entry-header –>

<div class=”entry-content”>

I don’t think that it’s a php related or memory related problem, runnning on wordpress stack of Combell.

If this doesn’t ring a bell, I’ll send you login info.

Franky
    Keymaster

Combell is no guarantee for memory issues 🙂 PHP is assigned a specific amount of memory per installation (you can increase it, depending on your provider and issues are logged in php error logfiles).
    If your output ends there, I think you really should check the logs.
    But I can take a look too, so you can mail me a temp admin account (or an account with just the right to check EME attendances is ok too).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just as an update:
    I use WordFence on my site. Disabled this (disabled firewall and advanced web application firewall )but problem remains.
    I checked available memory and I should have (reports the WordFence memory checker) that at my disposal.
    Checked both acces and error logs, nothing is logged.
    I do however see that the attendance page just stops loading, the content when I review with developer window (F12) is not the same.. there is something blocking.
    I think that the problem is linked to WF… I’ll keep on digging

Anonymous
    Inactive

As an addon: I just noticed that eme.js is not loaded by the attendance page… What could be the reason? Not required?

Franky
    Keymaster

While the attendance page doesn’t need eme.js, it still should be loaded. But by default js files are loaded in the footer, and if your page stops loading half-way, this can be the reason why it doesn’t load.
    Concerning your tests: if you install “Health Check & Troubleshooting”, you can deactivate all plugins for your session alone and then reactivate one by one, maybe that helps to pinpoint the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tested with the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin… activated only the EME plugin and get the same result. Deactivating the EME plugin correctly shows the default text on the events page (that’s not rendered as an events page)… Are there other options remaining?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the other day I had someone where the theme was a blocking thing …
    Would it be possible to have a real url to test? If not logged in, it results in a block anyway, so there’s no risk (you can always mail it to: liedekef@telenet.be )

Franky
    Keymaster

Fixed in latest release

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top