Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Progressive pricing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How about the ability to reward early bookings and encourage prospects to book early more quickly by automatically and continuously increasing the price?

By setting a starting price and a final price, an increase value and a rhythm.

For example starting the booking on 1st July for an event on the 30th August. It costs 50 Euro at the beginning but 1 week later 10 Euro more. That happens five time, so that from the 5th of August is cost 100 Euro.

Franky
    Keymaster

See discounts with an empty discount code but an expiration date.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, smart idea. I just noticed the advice under the Coupon code field.

But following my intention means to create for each event and each week a new discount, right? Okay, it is worth to give it a try.

In that case I would like to ask for some more links. It would be nice to be able to add a new discount from the edit discount page instead of going back to the overview. Same for adding a group from an edit discount page.

Additionally I noticed that only one discount group can be added to an event. I see that a code can be added to several groups, what still made it possible to deal with my request, but it would be more clear if I could use the early bird group and another e.g. thank-you discount group.

And how could I show the reduction value on the registration form page?
    [eme_if tag='#ESC_DISCOUNTCODES_USED']If you book till the end of this week your price will be #_DISCOUNTVALUE(?) lower than the final price of #_PRICE.[/eme_if]

Franky
    Keymaster

Adding links is not in accordance with the rest of the pages, not happening. Neither adding more discount groups. The code is already way too complex as it is, adding more groups is just not worth it (at least not for now).
    Telling the discount to the persons is not done using #_DISCOUNTCODES_USED (that placeholder works only on bookings, not in the form), but just a fixed text. Even more: using #_DYNAMICPRICE will directly show the correct price (discount included), so people can see the difference if you mention both #_DYNAMICPRICE and #_PRICE together.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand and accept. Thanks for the explanation.

The complexity I can slightly imagine. Like this time I am again and again surprised what is (already) possible with your wonderful plugin.

I wasn’t expecting to get shown a solution so quickly. This feature request was more an spontaneous idea not needed right now. So for the moment I have no further question.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top