Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Problems with setup

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve installed the plugin and have used widgets to set either a list of events or the calendar. However when I click on any of the pre-installed events I only reach a page with what appears to be the location. I have not been able to find a page where the visitors could register for an event or a page which describes the event(s). Am I overlooking something or should I possibly re-install the plugin?

Franky
    Keymaster

You need to change the default settings, eg. add #_NOTES, #_MAP, #_ADDBOOKINGFORM to the “single event format” setting. This and other things are explained in the doc: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel like a complete idiot! The instructions were right there where they should be and easy to follow. So far things are looking good. However I’m getting an error when I attempt to review Pending Approvals

WordPress database error: [Table ‘db345647014.wp_dbem_people’ doesn’t exist]

SELECT * FROM wp_dbem_people WHERE person_id = ‘0’;

Thanks for all of your help!

Franky
    Keymaster

Errr … this is bad. This means you’re missing a table. At least the following tables are created by the plugin:

wp_dbem_events

wp_dbem_recurrence

wp_dbem_locations

wp_dbem_bookings

wp_dbem_people

wp_dbem_bookings_people

wp_dbem_categories

So if one of these is missing, your install failed or you don’t have the needed mysql rights to create tables (although this table exists already a long time, even in older versions).

I would suggest: deactivate/reactivate the plugin.

Btw: if you have the older brother of this plugin installed (Events Manager), it will fail since after they started upgrading it in september, it became impossible to be backwards compatible.

So, if you have that plugin: delete it, remove all wp_dbem_tables, deactivate/reactivate the EME plugin and you should be good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve deactivated/reactivated the plugin — there was not a previous version installed. Now I get the following error:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (Connection refused) in /homepages/23/d181299280/htdocs/Centararus/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 105

Message was not sent

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host

If it will simplify things, I will gladly give you an administrative password to the site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This isn’t looking good! I deactivated and then deleted the plugin and checked to be sure that the . I then deleted all of the wp-dbem files, and reinstalled and activated the plugin. Strangely enough all of the settings previously entered were still there. When I check to see which of the wp-dbem files have been created, I see bookings, categories, events,locations and recurrence have been created.

When I attempt to access Pending Approvals I get the error:

WordPress database error: [Table ‘db345647014.wp_dbem_people’ doesn’t exist]

SELECT * FROM wp_dbem_people WHERE person_id = ‘0’;

which comes as not big surprise since I already knew people hadn’t been created. I have to assume that I have the rights to create tables since some have been created and all were deleted. I have never used the older version of the plugin so I feel we can safely assume there aren’t any old files or tables hanging out there.

I’m stumped!

Franky
    Keymaster

In order to debug this, I would need indeed admin access to the site and also access to the mysql tables. If you want, you can mail the needed info to me: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Franky

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, i have the exact same problem …

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi, 3.2.6 was released to fix the wp_dbem_people problem, so you should be ok

Anonymous
    Inactive

AWESEOME! thank you so very much 🙂

i’ll donate you 50 bucks as soon as this project is finished!

Anonymous
    Inactive

3.2.7 is working perfectly! this is a superb plugin. I love it! Thanks a million!

Anonymous
    Inactive

i wanted to add a new post right now and got this:

Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /home/www/web45/phptmp) in /home/www/web45/html/blog/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/eme_rsvp.php on line 152

Franky
    Keymaster

This session issue is a php issue and should be reported to php …

But as a workaround: disable the use of the captcha, there’s a honeypot field protection also, should be sufficient in most cases.

Anonymous
    Inactive

alright, thanks 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top