Events Made Easy Forums Generic Problems with confirmation Emails

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, first of all thanks for the great plugin. It allowed me to create the perfect booking page for my new project but, unfortunately, Im having some difficulties.

This is the issue: everytime I try to book an event, cancel a booking, join a membership, etc.. I receive confirmation emails after 3 or more hours. Now that could be fine for booking an event, but a new member who just paid needs to have a confirmation straight-away.

Here are the options I tried:
    – WP-MAIL using the administrator account (a gmail account)
    – SMTP for the same gmail account
    thought the problem was gmail so I made a zoho mail account and I tried:
    – WP-MAIL with new account
    – SMTP
    So i thought the problem could have been WP-MAIL, so i Installed
    – Zoho mail plugin to send emails

Still not receiving confirmation email before a couple or more hours. If I send a test email it works (not when using SMTP, but that’s not important), I receive it in a few seconds.

What I noticed is that if I send an email using “Generic Emails” and I check the option to send the email immediately, the time in the “Mailings” list is wrong: I send the email at 10:55 and it says the email was planned at 09:55. I checked my wordpress account and the time is right. I even tried to plan an email for a specific time (in my case, 11:05) and its stauts is still “planned” at 12:30.

Could the wrong time be the problem here?
    I’ve tried to solve this issue for the whole week and I don’t know what else to try..
    Would anyone be able to help me, please?

Thanks!!
    Elisa

Franky
    Keymaster

The date planned comes from your database (meaning that is an hour behind compared to you, so probably that server is not using your timezone).
    But it is not an issue as I use database-based time differences to decide when to send the mails.
    Based on your explanation: is your wordpress cron configured correctly? Normally WP has its internal cron mechanism, but that’s based on when someone actually visits the site. So:
    – check your cron (or use a WP plugin to check it for you, e.g. WP Crontrol)
    – if doing cron manually (via your system cron, and not WP, which is also my recommendation): make sure it is configured correctly
    – if you’re using EME mail queueing (which is recommended): make sure it is correctly configured. Check the settings in the submenu “Scheduled actions” for this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for replying so fast! The plugin works, only if I’m in the wordpress panel though. I’ll have to study a better solution but at least I understand what the problem is!

Thanks again for the great plugin and support!

Franky
    Keymaster

That means your site is not receiving enough traffic for the wordpress to kick in then.
    See the hint on the “scheduled actions” page:

Cron tip for more accurate scheduled actions:
    Put something like this in the crontab of your server: */5 * * * * php -q /path/to/wordpress/wp-cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1
    And add the following to your wp-config.php: define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true);

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, sorry for my -very- late reply, it’s been a busy month. I managed to solve the problem by programming a 2 sec cron using the plugin you suggested and in the success messages I ask the user to visit a page on my website in order to have the traffic needed.
    I managed to do that in all messages apart from the “booking deleted” one. I found a way to fix the .css but can’t find where I can edit the message. It’s not a big deal but I would like to have all messages in the same language, plus users could get a confirmation of their cancellation straightaway. Is there any way to edit this?

I have another issue I can’t seem to find my way around: I made a personal page where each member can see the details of his membership plus the list of bookings he has made. I need him to see only the booking in some categories, is there something like [eme_mybookings category_id={1,2,3}]?
    I checked the documentation and noticed that’s not one of the arguments listed, so I tried using a eme_if statement in the bookings list format (i tried #ESC_CATEGORYIDS, #ESC_CATEGORIES and #_EVENTCATEGORIES{1,3}{}), or in a template but none of them work. I know I could use the event id but the events are part of a recurrence and I can’t write down all the ids for all events for the entire year, nor the ones that should be excluded.

Thanks,
    Elisa

Franky
    Keymaster

The “Booking deleted” message (shown when someone cancels his own booking) is translated using WP. If that is not in your language, you can contribute to the translation project 🙂
    eme_mybookings has no option called category_id, but shows a logged-in user all his bookings for all events. You can use the template_id option to show a specific template (that is repeated for each booking), together with a template_id_header/footer.
    It does interpret all booking placeholders (and as such also all event placeholders), so, use in your template an eme_if, with something like:

[eme_if tag=#_EVENTCATEGORIES incsv=1]show my booking cancel url for category 1: #_CANCEL_URL[/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag=#_EVENTCATEGORIES incsv=3]show my booking cancel url for category 3: #_CANCEL_URL[/eme_if]
    etc ...

It is possible that the dev-version is needed (it expands incsv to split on both “,” and “, “)

Anonymous
    Inactive

It works using [eme_if tag='#_EVENTCATEGORYIDS' incsv='1'][/eme_if] repeated for all categories!
    Thanks, I couldn’t have done it without your support!

Elisa

Franky
    Keymaster

Ow, sorry yes, it should’ve been indeed #_EVENTCATEGORYIDS. Glad it works.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top