Events Made Easy Forums Generic "problems while sending mail"

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried two email accounts and settings, but have been unable to send emails using EME. The same error message occurs, whether sending a test email, or an event email. I have verified my password is correct for both email accounts and that the SMTP settings match those required by the server. My Windows Firewall is disabled.

Franky
    Keymaster

Activate SMTP debugging and try again. If it says there’s a problem when sending mails, it means the settings are not correct. And of course there’s a difference in sending mail from your windows pc than from a server (or is your webserver running on windows too?).

Anonymous
    Inactive

After activating the SMTP debugging it is still replying with an error. This is the message at the very top of the screen:
    2017-03-16 23:53:36 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111) 2017-03-16 23:53:36 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

The webserver is Road Runner/Time Warner, so no, not Windows based. Here are the settings:
    Notification sender name
    buttonsandbolts@wi.rr.com

Insert the display name of the notification sender.
    Notification sender address

Insert the address of the notification sender. It must correspond with your Gmail account user if you use Gmail to send mails.

Select the method to send email notification.
    SMTP host
    mail.twc.com

The SMTP host. Usually it corresponds to ‘localhost’. If you use Gmail, set this value to ‘ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465’.
    Mail sending port

The port through which you e-mail notifications will be sent. Make sure the firewall doesn’t block this port
    Use SMTP authentication? Yes

SMTP authentication is often needed. If you use Gmail, make sure to set this parameter to Yes
    SMTP username

I followed the github.com link and found that this may be an issue related to my hosting service, GoDaddy. If this is the case I may not be able to use this feature (although it worked in the past so must be a new issue).

Franky
    Keymaster

Port 587? Then it is encrypted, so for hostname use either
    tls://mail.twc.com
    or
    ssl://mail.twc.com

I’m going to create a separate option for ssl/tls to make that easier …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have contacted GoDaddy because it seems like there is a block with their server settings. The system sees these as “spam” because they are generated. Have you found any type of work around for this? I have tried installing WP Email plug in and other Email utilities and am having the same issue with all of them.

Franky
    Keymaster

If godaddy is blocking your valid mails, you should really complain to them …
    Anyway, if your regular wordpress can still send out mails, then configure EME to use ‘wp_mail’ or ‘php mail’ and not ‘smtp’ as mail sending method (EME settings, tab ‘Mail’).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top