Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Problems with payment (Mollie)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Franky,

Thank you for this wonderful plugin!
    I have been setting up events and memberships with this plugin, however when using the Test_API of Mollie I encountered some serious problems:

If I choose to ‘fail’ the transaction (using OPEN, CANCEL, FAILED etc), I rightfully get redirected to the ‘fail’ templates of EME, but the registering member gets the welcome e-mail and the WP login email as well as the ‘payed’ email (all three should only be mailed when succesfull)!

Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

And also, I have no way of knowing something failed with the payment, as I am not getting any notification email about the failed payment either (not from EME or Mollie)?

If I look at the members database and click on the member, I do see ‘unpayed’ membership in the details, but I can’t see it at first glance in the list? Is it possible to put that as a ‘column’ (unpayed?) Or something like that? It is quite difficult for me to manage membership subscriptions this way.

Hope I explained it well enough. Thank you in advance.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ll verify the first issue (later today), concerning the second question: you can show additional columns in the members overview (see the hint: “Hint: rightclick on the column headers to show/hide columns”).

Franky
    Keymaster

Concerning the first issue: I don’t immediately see any issue in the code. This is the part that marks a payment as paid:

// The payment is paid and isn't refunded or charged back
       if ($mollie_payment->isPaid() && !$mollie_payment->hasRefunds() && !$mollie_payment->hasChargebacks()) {
          eme_mark_payment_paid($payment_id,1,$gateway,$mollie_payment_id);
       }

I’ll try with an account from Mollie here too (but that takes time), but is it possible the payment got set to Paid afterwards? Because if you see the fail template, that means that at time it was not marked as Paid in the system. I don’t react to “not-paid” events from Mollie, so the only other possibility is that the member got marked Paid manually in the backend.
    And indeed, EME doesn’t send out notifications about payment failures with a payment gateway, that’s the responsibility of the payment gateway (in EME this just leaves the member as-is, so he can come back later on to pay).

Anonymous
    Inactive

-Because if you see the fail template, that means that at time it was not marked as Paid in the system. I don’t react to “not-paid” events from Mollie, so the only other possibility is that the member got marked Paid manually in the backend.-

It is not that the plugin doesn’t show it is paid, but the user will get a welcome email and a ‘you have paid’ email directly after registering and not paying (or failed in Mollie, as I was testing out). This should only happen when payed, or is it not?

Anonymous
    Inactive

On second thoughts, maybe I should disable the ‘you have payed’ email and only send it manually?

The remaining problem is the registering of a new WP user without the person having paid yet. I was setting up private pages for premium members, but they will get access immediately this way. I did read about this problem on another topic, I could remove this problem by releasing private pages slowly (the longer you are member,the more access you get). So maybe this is not a big problem after all, as long as I can see the paid status of a member clearly.

Franky
    Keymaster

The paid status you can see (see the hint on showing/hiding columns), but I’m still interested in understanding the mail issue. Could I have a demo of that? And/or a temp admin account?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t quite know about demo’s but I could make a temporary admin account. How can I private message you?

Franky
    Keymaster

Send me an email on franky@e-dynamics.be (it is also mentioned on the homepage).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top