Events Made Easy Forums Generic Problem with main event manager page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi –

Just updated from 1.7.12 to 1.7.14 and my main event manger page is not listing any events.

Help!

Thanks in advance – Dave

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, but this is not enough info at all … here everything works just fine, and you never should be using the special events page directly, but only use shortcodes in regular pages.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky – the problem is with the main eme admin page …wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager

All my events are still there on my site and apparently working, just nothing listed on the admin page. Everything else seems to be ok, except a seemingly unrelated problem that the date picker field in the ‘add new event’ page is not working.

Running WordPress 4.7.3

I have tried deleting all other plugins before updating – no difference.

Thanks – Dave

Franky
    Keymaster

That means you have javascript issues. Check your browser console for hints …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup – caught this –

Uncaught ReferenceError: firstDayOfWeek is not defined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (eme_admin_events.js?ver=4.7.3&nocache=1:152)
    at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2)
    at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2)

I get similar error on the ‘New Event’ page, but nowhere else that I have found.
    I tried changing “Week starts on” setting for WordPress which works as expected for the eme calendar.

Thanks – Dave

Franky
    Keymaster

Which EME version are you using? That doesn’t seem to be the latest version …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Problem appears when I upgrade from 1.7.12 to 1.7.14

Looking at eme_admin_events.js there is a change that looks relevant at line 152

from

firstDay: firstDayOfWeek

to

firstDay: parseInt(eme.translate_firstDayOfWeek)

Franky
    Keymaster

Can it be you’re caching javascripts or so?
    Since your error points to firstDayOfWeek, but that variable has become a translated (replaced) string in 1.7.14 (wordpress replaces it, search for translate_firstDayOfWeek in eme_events.php)
    So I’m guessing some javascript caching is used or so …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried flushing the cache and still behaves the same. At least I click on the ‘flush cache’ button my hosting service provides. I don’t know what exactly happens then but it has solved some strange problems in the past so I do it quite a lot!

Also tried deleting eme, flushing cache, installing again and it still behaves the same – except of course I lose all my existing events. I am doing this on a staging server!

Franky
    Keymaster

If you still have this firstDayOfWeek error, something is still being cached (or minified or so).
    Please disable all wordpress caching and minifying plugins and try again

Anonymous
    Inactive

Progress!

Tried making a trivial change to eme-manage-events.js in the WordPress dashboard editor, then flushing the cache, and the problem went away.

Then restored my 1.7.12 backup and ran the upgrade again. Now all works!

So it looks like the old version got stuck in cache somehow and survived the upgrade. A problem with the cacheing system, but probably one I will never get to the bottom of.

Many thanks for your help – Dvae

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top