Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Prevent duplication of Members when they renew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just started setting up and using EME so be please forgive me as I have tried searching and reading many posts already.
    I have imported member details into eme however when 2 had expired and have recently renewed it created a new Member record with different ID instead of updating the start/end dates both records have the same WP_User linked
    Is this what typically happens when members renew? a new record is created or should it overwrite/update existing member?
    I am unsure what I haven’t set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Franky
    Keymaster

Indeed, expired members that completely sign up again are considered new members. If you want people to be able to renew an expired membership, you should mail them the payment url link to pay online (see the doc). That way they can renew an expired membership.
    You also have the grace period option, to allow people to pass the end date for a certain period.
    I’ll review the code a bit too, maybe I can more easily take expired into account too …

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version has this extra change implemented:
    “Allow expired members to sign up again too: this will change nothing in the db but they will be pointed to the membership payment page”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for quick response.
    I will keep a watch on it having set the grace period and allow expired to renew.

I was hoping that it would just update the Start/End date and keep the Create date as original so you can track when people joined.

Thankfully I just noticed it doesn’t create a duplicate Person record, so it is just the Membership records.

Thanks again.

Franky
    Keymaster

It is already in the code, so feel free to download the dev-version from https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-made-easy/advanced/ if it is urgently needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top