Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Plain text emails printing HTML characters

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In Settings -> Mail -> Contact person pending email format
    I have:
    + Send HTML mails -> NO
    + Contact person pending email format begins:
    Name: #_RESPNAME <#_RESPEMAIL>

This has worked fine until I updated 1.7.7 -> 1.7.9. Now when the email is sent it contains HTML characters for the < and >, i.e.
    Name: Joe Bloggs <joe.bloggs@whatever.com>

I have diff’d the versions and cannot find a change that might have caused this. I have updated a few other plugins but I guess they cannot influence this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My report did not appear correctly because the forum allows HTML. When the email is sent, it is a text email that appears like:
    Name: Joe Bloggs &_l_t_;joe.bloggs@whatever.com@_g_t_;

without the underscores _

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, currently I can’t explain it either (the code seems correct), I’ll test this evening

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering if this function helps:
    htmlspecialchars_decode(string,flags)

http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_string_htmlspecialchars_decode.asp

Franky
    Keymaster

Found the problem: I activated the html-editor in the options, so that causes it to be saved with html-converted chars.
    I’ve split out the mail templates in a separate section, so we can easily take the option to send html mails into account and disable the html editor if not needed. This version of the eme_options file should fix it (and check your mail templates in the new section afterwards):
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-made-easy/trunk/eme_options.php?rev=1553969&format=txt

Anonymous
    Inactive

The fix worked for me. Thanks.

I did have to check the templates, as you suggested, because the plain text contained HTML codes that I needed to replace, e.g. &_l_t_; with <

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top