Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Placeholders #_DESTINATION and #_DURATION

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

With the idea to also manage events like hikes, trips or travels with EME, I though about having a placeholder like #_DESTINATION or #_ENDLOCATION that would allow to set a destination from the pool of locations.

So far I use #_ATT{destination} but haven’t the chance to link it to a location. Or have I? Is there?

And in the same context something like #_DURATION to automatically calculate and easily show the hours between start time and end time of an event if it happens on the same day. Or amount of days if start and end of an event i on different dates.

Franky
    Keymaster

For the duration placeholder, see this in the development version changelog:

* Added placeholder #_DATETIMEDIFF_START_END{xx}, to indicate the date/time diffeence between start and end, with xx being a php date interval format (see https://www.php.net/manual/en/dateinterval.format.php )

So that will be in the next version. For the destination, I suggest to take a look at [eme_location] . It might not be totally what you want, but it’s the next best thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, great @ #_DATETIMEDIFF_START_END{xx} Looks very much like what I thought of.

On the other hand I can’t see an approach with [eme_location]. The goal is to have a template that also includes “Destination/Goal/Endpoint:” followed by the name of this location with a link to the location’s page. Even if I add an attribute with the ID of this location, I can’t do anything with it. Or is there something like #_LOCATIONNAME{id}?

Franky
    Keymaster

You can use [eme_location] with the id of your choide inside an event format, and using a template_id of choice you can get the layout to be whatever you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, great, I guess I can live with this work around. I’m surprised again and again what already is possible with your plugin. After a while of not using it constantly and administratively I get lost in all the features and forget about how and where to look and configure things.

Maybe #_DESTINATION might stay anyway a feature request?

Thanks so far in any case 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top