Events Made Easy Forums Generic Placeholder or calculation for Totalprice incl. Payment Gateway Extracharge

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

just a quick question – I use the #_EXTRACHARGE placeholder on my payment forms which works great. Is there a way to have the resulting calculated total price there as well?

#_TOTALPRICE could possibly do that? But if I inlcude #_TOTALPRICE in the “Text above payment button” field in the EME Payment settings (for PayPal, Mollie, …) it jsut does not work, shows ‘#_TOTALPRICE’ as literal text instead of the amount.
    Is this intentional or a bug?

Ah, and while on it – is there a way to show the extracharge not only as an absolute amount but a percentage as well?

Thanks!
    kinghill

Franky
    Keymaster

The text per button is not specific for events or members, that’s why I don’t replace any event/members placeholders in it. You should use the setting “RSVP Payment form header format” (or footer, and for memberships it is a template) for that.
    And the charge is a calculated amount based on 2 settings per gateway, so no pct here (for now).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see, makes sense, thank you.

My thinking was that it’d be nice to show to the user all the relevant info about each payment option/gateways “near” the button.
    But I can certainly move this to the header, as you suggest.

And just to clarify – there is no EME way for me to display the effective payment amount here (sum of #_TOTALPRICE + #_CHARGE{xx}), so that they immediately can see how much to pay in total when choosing a certain gateway.
    I certainly can achieve this with some simple Javascript, just wanted to make sure that I’m not overlooking something in EME.
    Thanks again!

Franky
    Keymaster

The total would be another thing, that I could add.
    The next version will support #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES or #_GATEWAY_PRICE, which gives the total price for a specific gateway (only supported per gateway button).
    Concerning #_EXTRACHARGE: that will change a bit too (will also be localized, not just a number).

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is outstanding, thank you, Franky for implementing this!

I sent virtual Coffee + Croissant your way as token of my appreciation!
    🙏🏼

Franky
    Keymaster

Thank you for that kind donation!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

sorry that I’m coming back to this thread. I’m now setting up a new page on which I want to show all the info to the user about the bookings they made.
    I’m using the [eme_mybookings] and it gives me almost everything that I need, incl. custom Fields etc.
    Only, Total Price including the Payment Gateway surcharges are somehow missing.
    On the payment form it works beautifully, thanks to your previous additions, but it seems that with the [eme_mybookings] shortcode they are not implemented?
    Could you add the #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES and #_EXTRACHARGE placeholders here as well?

Would it even be possible to add a specific VAT placeholder that shows the VAT part of the final total price (including the surcharges) paid?
    People might get confused if I showed them only the Total price and VAT BEFORE the surcharge but find their a different amount on their bank statement.

Thank you.

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will allow all payment gateway placeholders to be used as booking and member placeholders too. From the changelog:
    * Added payment gateway placeholders #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES_NO_VAT and #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES_VAT_ONLY, #_EXTRACHARGE_NO_VAT and #_EXTRACHARGE_VAT_ONLY
    * Allow all payment gateway placeholders to be used as booking and member placeholders too

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fantastic news – thank you so much!

Franky
    Keymaster

If you’re able to test the dev-version, that would be great 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just did the test with the dev version.

It seems two placeholders work, two don’t for me.

-OK-
    #_EXTRACHARGE_NO_VAT
    #_EXTRACHARGE_VAT_ONLY

-Not OK-
    #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES
    #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES_VAT_ONLY

With the latter two I get the Event price as output plus the rest of the placeholder, like this 750.00#_INCLUDING_CHARGES
    My guess is that the placeholder replacement routine finds the PRICE placeholder already and stops right there..?

Franky
    Keymaster

Is this for bookings or for memberships? I discovered small issues with that for memberships, but not with #_PRICE … I’m looking into the code now 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, it’s bookings.
    [eme_mybookings] specifically.

I don’t use Memberships so I can’t say if it’s happening there as well..

Franky
    Keymaster

Works fine here. To be sure: can you download the latest dev-version (just updated some small things) and try again?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, still no luck.
    Sow weird, if it works for you…

So here’s the troubled part of my template, perhaps you can see something I can’t?

<p>Total:<span id="eme_calc_bookingprice">#_TOTALPRICE €<br>
                        #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES € <br>
                        #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES_VAT_ONLY</p>
               <p>Additional Online Payment Surcharge (excl./incl VAT): #_EXTRACHARGE_NO_VAT € // #_EXTRACHARGE_VAT_ONLY</p>

And this is the output I get:

Total:915.00 €
    750.00_INCLUDING_CHARGES €
    750.00_INCLUDING_CHARGES_VAT_ONLY

Additional Online Payment Surcharge (excl./incl VAT): 15.38 € // 18.30 €

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW – same happens if I change #_PRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES to #_TOTALPRICE_INCLUDING_CHARGES

Wanted to try it out, maybe #_PRICE was the issue, but no #_TOTALPRICE gets processed just the same:
    915.00_INCLUDING_CHARGES

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ll test this out, you might have given me a clue here …

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I replaced the placeholder-replacement logic by something more resilient. Can you try dev again? But this time: test everything (also other forms,…) since the placeholder logic changed and I need to be sure I didn’t miss anything 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, thanks!

Looks all good now, as far as I can tell!

I tested:
    [eme_mybooking] shortcode
    Payment form templates
    Ticket PDF Template
    (RSVP Form – even these placeholders are not applicable there, just wanted to check for side-effects = none. Cool)

Any forms or shortcode I’m missing or should be testing?

Thank you!

And again, Memberships I don’t use at all, so I can’t test these

Franky
    Keymaster

I found a better (yet slightly more complicated) method to correctly replace substrings without interfering with other matching substrings. The new version has already been released today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect.

EME is even getting better every day 👍

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top