Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented PHP errors with Front End Submission Plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m having trouble getting the Front End Submission Plugin to work.

When using the plugin on a page using the [emefs_submit_event_form]shortcode I get these PHP errors.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/theme-builder/frontend-header-template.php:4) in /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1329 Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/theme-builder/frontend-header-template.php:4) in /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1332

See here https://now2022.andreasdirscherl.de/eme-front-end-submit/

I’m no PHP expert unfortunately, but from what I can gather, the front-end submission doesn’t play nice with the Divi theme? That is even the case if I DON’T USE Divi at all on the page with the [emefs_submit_event_form] shortcode, just a plain Wordress page (while Divi is installed).

Important to note: these errors only happen when using the front-end-submission plugin by implementing the [emefs_submit_event_form] shortcode on a wordpress page. It never happens when using all the regular EME shortcodes on my pages.

Would you happen to know how to remedy this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

UPDATE
    It’s the same with the standard WP theme TwentyTwentyOne

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-content/themes/twentytwentyone/header.php:15) in /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1329

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-content/themes/twentytwentyone/header.php:15) in /usr/www/users/andreaxk/now2022/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1332

Any ideas what to do?

Anonymous
    Inactive

UPDATE 2

It appears that the errors only appear with the following conidtions/settings
    1. User not logged in when calling the page with the form
    2. EMEFS Setting “Allow guest submit?” is set to “No”
    3. EMEFS Setting “Redirect to login page” is set to “Yes”.
    4. EMEFS Setting “Guests not allowed text” is empty. As soon there is some text there this text gets displayed even though it should be skipped and re-directed to the login page.

Could it be that there is a problem with the redirect to the login page? Am I supposed to configure this somewhere? Is it not the regualar WP login page?

Franky
    Keymaster

No, it is related to the newer EME version where EMEFS needed an extra init of variables.
    I just released 1.0.64 which should fix this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mmh, just updated to the latest version, and I still get those PHP errors.

Again, only happens when:
    1. User not logged in when calling the page with the form
    2. EMEFS Setting “Allow guest submit?” is set to “No”
    3. EMEFS Setting “Redirect to login page” is set to “Yes”.
    4. EMEFS Setting “Guests not allowed text” is empty.
    As soon there is some text there the page loads fine and shows the No Guest text.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok. I’ll test that today

Franky
    Keymaster

Indeed, the redir no longer works (used to work …). Anyway, I resolved it in the latest version being released now (1.0.65). From the changelog:
    * Redirect correctly to login page if not authorized. Also explain in the settings that the minimum required capability is “edit posts” for logged in users
    * Add option to define the needed capability when guest submit is not allowed (default: “edit posts”)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top