Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Photos in Past Events…?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First off, I know there are a million ways to do this, I’ve already looked at and tried a couple ways. While I didn’t have too many issues with getting a system that works, it’s too complex for the customer in question. I’m looking for the simplest and least complex method to have photo thumbnails attached to an event, preferably without needing to rely on extra plugins if possible, or at the very least a simple plugin.

Recently I switched from Events Manager to Events Manager Extended in the hopes that I could find something here that EME’s cousin doesn’t have… But so far I haven’t had too much luck.

Essentially, I’m looking for a way to upload photos through the ‘Upload/Insert’ options above the event description, and than have thumbnails of only the pictures attached to the event page automatically.

With ‘Portfolio Slideshow’, adding the [portfolio_slideshow] shortcode in the post would display thumbnails (or full pictures, depending on the settings) of pictures that were uploaded while editing that post, but that plugin only works on posts (by post ID), not events. If I’m not mistaken, each picture uploaded to a post is stored in the DB with a reference to the original post ID, right?

The thing is, events also have a unique event ID… So when uploading through the ‘edit event’ screen, is there something similar where a picture can be referenced by the event it was uploaded from? If so, then I can simply add a line in the theme itself to automatically attach any pictures uploaded to that event, saving the end user from having to manually link them.

Keep in mind this must be simple, the end users that will be adding and editing events to the website are not very technically minded, trying to use EM along side NextGen Gallery left their heads spinning. 🙁

Any ideas here…?

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, I see. I did search to see if somebody else had posted a request like this, but I guess I must have used the wrong keywords then…

Thanks for the reply. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top