Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Person fields not displaying when adding a new membership.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you have a person linked to a wp_user when they want to add themselves to a membership using the [eme_add_member_form id=xx] on a standard wp page, if you show a placeholder for the person address, #_ADDRESS1 etc, in the template it will render a blank and read only imput field. I can understand the read-only bit as I think there is a feature request to allow this information to be updated or reviewed on each new membership or RSVP. Not displaying the address values if they exist is a problem.Version 2.1.76

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ll test this out later today but are you sure the wp user is only linked to one eme person?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. This is in my dev environment and there are only a few users and I have played around with the linking to the wp_user and not. I have also checked the databaase and the wp_id column is unique except for the zeros. I have been hesitant in creating this request as I can see you are very busy and doing a good job on it. As some background, My plans are to replicate the address and some other fields into Buddypress and do a bit of php magic so they synchronise with eme. I think that ‘people’ ideally should be outside eme and your approach of linking wp users is good. The rationale for me to even try this is so that we have a soft entry for people who then “upgrade” themselves to become full members. For this second step we need addresses and phone numbers as a couple of ways of contacting them.

Franky
    Keymaster

I confirm this issue. This should fix it:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2303945/

But also, I’m interested in Buddypress integration. So if we could work together on this, I’m more than willing to (or you can code it up and send the changes). I don’t know Buddypress too well though …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Frankie

Your fix seems to be the go but has highlighted another issue with not logged in people that could over write details of other people with the same name. Close this for now and I will do a bit more testing and raise a new issue if it is an issue.

Ditto on buddypress but keen to work out what is going on. I have been a professional developer on corporate systems since a long long time ago so not afraid of getting in there up to my armpits.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, EME matches the name+email, so if someone enters stuff for you, it will be sent to you too. Of course, you can always require a wordpress user to be logged in before allowing to apply for a EME membership.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Frankie

Just confirming there is no issue with duplicate names. The ‘require a wordpress user to be logged in’ is a good idea as it prevents duplicates appearing in the people list that can occur otherwise. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top