Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented PDF template => replace placeholder text

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,
    first of all, thanks for great and free plugin!
    I think we discussed this in the wordpress forums in January, where you suggested me to open a feature request.

To improve the usage for non-techy users, i’d like the user to upload his own pdf-files.

The User could completely design his pdf using word,excel,indesign,adobe,whatever and upload it to EME.
    The Plugin would then just replace placeholder texts like $NAME $SURNAME $CONTACTADDRESS $BIRTHDAY $COURSE_NO $EVENT_DESC $CALCULATED_BIRTH_OF_CHILD using Event-fields, Custom fields, Event-Text etc.

I was trying to accomplish the same using a special crafted Link generated by the EME template, wich then calls a fpdf.php but this solution is pretty dirty and i am also no developer.

Using the PDF-Template in EME is quite handy, but would need the user to call me every time he needs to change the PDF Layout (also pretty time consuming)

If you find it usefull too it’d be cool having such a feature implented 🙂

PS: made some donations in january/april, but ofc. I know they will not even nearly compensate the potential workload for this feature wish.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME creates pdf files based on html templates, not pdf templates. It is also a special library that converts html to pdf, so e.g. even a page break is done in a specific way. Meaning word/adobe/… can’t be used to create your template (next to the fact that replacing strings in a pdf is not that simple as one might think, it the replaced string is not the exact same size it could break the pdf or the layout totally).
    So this is not going to happen any time soon, unless someone else codes this up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top