Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Pb sending queued mail

• This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    Mails are set to be queued. I then set the queue to send emails every 5 minutes. But I notice that this sending setting is lost regularly and the mails are stored without being sent. Do you have any idea what I can do? I don’t know if it’s a bug?
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

“this sending setting is lost regularly and the mails are stored without being sent” ???
    What do you mean exactly? I’ve been using sites with queueing all the time and never lost the queueing setting at all. EME never resets options either, only if the plugin is completely reinstalled. Is there a way to describe exactly what is happening? Reproducable?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Mail queueing is activated. In the menu “schedule actions” the limit is set to 120 and the interval to five minutes. But one or days later when i check this setting it is set to “Not scheduled”. It seems to me my setting has been reset.

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I schedule a generic email to be sent every Wednesday during 4 weeks, is it possible that the setting is reset to “not squeduled” at that time? or if I cancel a previous plan? I will control that the next time i will schedule or cancel one. I can’t say it is reproducable now.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I only clear the scheduled “eme_cron_send_queued” setting when either uninstalling the plugin or just before updating that setting (to be sure I don’t execute it multiple times).
    You can verify the code (search for “wp_clear_scheduled_hook” and “eme_cron_send_queued”) if you’d like (I’m always open to code improvements too …).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you. I’m not sure if my php skills allow me to see this clearly. I’ll look into it and especially watch if it happens again. Thanks again for the quick responses.

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, next time try to pinpoint the exact setting (maybe it isn’t the schedule itself, but another setting)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    This morning, without doing anything else, I check the setting of scheduled actions that I had set to “every five minutes” but the settings were back to “not scheduled”. Two further mails (confirmation of booking) were queued and should have been sent. I set again “every five minutes” and the two mails were sent. So I think there a little bug.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also use your scheduling tip that informs a group of people that a new event has been scheduled. This was the case this morning and the mailing is immediate and worked very well. But could this change my settings?

Franky
    Keymaster

Do you have any other plugins that might interact with scheduled actions? But more: if you haven’t changed anything, it is just impossible the setting gets reset …
    To be sure: are you on the last version of both EME and WP?

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: you can install a plugin like “Advanced Cron Manager” or any cron plugin from WP to verify the current planned actions. You should see some entries starting with “eme_” in there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also use MailPoët and WP Mail Catcher. I check the web log of my provider. But i don’t know what I am looking for. Before it worked fine the pb is maybe for 2 ou 3 versions. I have the last versions for all WP and my plugins. I am looking for…

Franky
    Keymaster

If EME gets disabled, then that setting goes to “unplanned” on the next reactivation. Can that be somehow the case? I’m pretty much in the dark here too, there is just no explanation for this (nor do I see this on any of the sites I manage).

Anonymous
    Inactive

No EME is never disabled. Would you have an admin access ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Who could change the cron events programming except me and EME?

Franky
    Keymaster

If EME gets deactivated/reactivated then this setting is also gone (next to other EME related schedules). The next version will fix that, but if that’ not the reason for you, then you need to go through your logs and try to find something. Maybe some plugin is deactivating EME temporary or so …?

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ve updated the code a bit (not that it would explain your problem), but if it continues to happen: try updating to the dev version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    A little note to keep you informed. I haven’t had any new deprogramming since yesterday morning. I haven’t found the cause of my worries. I have unloaded two plugins that I was not using very much Yoast SEO and Schort Code Ultimate. I also deleted some CRON tasks without action. Some came back but not all. Maybe among them… ? unlikely.
    In doubt I also worked on Asset CleanUp which allows me not to load JS and CSS files of some plugins when they are not used on the page.I was unloading these EME files on some pages while I had the EME calendar widget in the margin. This may be unrelated…
    I removed the automatic update for EME…
    Nothing very conclusive, I continue to monitor and of course I come back in case of recurrence. I have not yet installed the development version.
    Good end of day

Franky
    Keymaster

All my sites have automatic updates enabled, and that shouldn’t pose any problem at all.
    Maybe monitor the cron tasks and next time it goes to “unscheduled” check if any eme-related cron tasks still exist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    After 2 days without difficulties I encountered the same problem again. I had to choose the send setting again every 5 minutes. I didn’t think to check the CRON tasks before but afterwards here are the ones running:
    eme_cron_cleanup_captacha
    eme_cron_gdpr_daily_actions
    eme_cron_member_daily_actions
    eme_cron_send_queued
    I’ll install the development version to see if it improves the problem.
    Have a nice day
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

The dev is not needed, just the latest released version (was released some days ago).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am uptodate

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top