Events Made Easy Forums How do I … PayPal Questions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Following up from http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=353

Any reason we’re using a text based “Pay via Paypal” button and not a standard PayPal button image? I think the latter would inspire more confidence to the customer.

Also, any way to default the currency to something besides Euro? I thought I saw that in the settings somewhere but don’t see it now. (Update: I guess I can change the beginning of eme_events.php directly?)

Lastly, any way to control where the page reappears after submitting the booking or payment forms? As is common with these kinds of things, it’s easy to miss the results of the form (e.g., “your booking has been recorded”, or “you can pay”) when the page redisplays in the middle. As a workaround I’ve tried putting the Booking and Cancellation forms near the top of the page, but even then the page doesn’t redisplay at the top — can I control that?

Sorry for any newbish quality to these questions.

Franky
    Keymaster

The image is a todo thingie, the current class doesn’t support that and I need to change that code for it.

Euro should be changeable when you set the price for the event.

About your third question: I though the refresh located itself on the message, per other people’s request. That should be working ok. Are you saying that the refresh is not showing the message at the top?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Image: okay thanks, looking forward to it.

Euro: yes, it’s changeable per event but I want to default to my country’s currency (US) so we don’t have to change it every time. (It’s too easy for someone to leave it at Euro by accident when posting an event.)

Refresh: the problem is that when a page reloads in the middle, even if nominally it’s doing it in order to focus someone’s attention on a result, it’s not at all clear to the end user what’s going on. Without the web site header on display it just looks as if the page were scrolled down. And because most of the EME forms, buttons, and messages are plain text it doesn’t draw their attention either. So I moved my EME forms near the top to provide a somewhat consistent experience. This is not a show-stopper; it’s just a little disorienting. Ideally the page shouldn’t move at all — more like an AJAX thing where the booking confirmation and/or PayPal button appears right where the person last clicked to book. (Maybe the Booking button could transform into a PayPal button, or something like that.)

Franky
    Keymaster

Open a feature request for the currency thing, that shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

For the messages: normally they are surrounded by a square box in another color, so it shouldn’t be that hard to see them … unless the CSS of your theme is doing something with that, have you checked this? Using the default theme is best to get a first impression of the default behaviour.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Currency: I tried changing it to “USD” in eme_events.php, and that seems to do the trick. (Of course it won’t survive an upgrade.) I’ll add a feature request too.

Forms Messages: Well, yes, partially. Here’s an example.

Your booking has been recorded! Thank you.

You can pay for this event via paypal. If you wish to do so, click the ‘Pay via Paypal’ button below.

Pay via Paypal

On my site the first line (“booking has been recorded”) is in the nice gold box. But the other two lines and the even smaller button text are very plain and unremarkable text. At the least, I’d prefer to make them boldface.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top