Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Paypal feature request – support for discounts

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Edit: Curses, I’ve done it again! Please move to Feature Requests.

Hi,

This might be getting a bit out of scope for EME but would you consider adding support for Paypal discounts as detailed here with sample html (search for “discounts”):

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_paypal_shopping_cart

The issue is that bizarrely Paypal doesn’t allow merchants to create custom discount codes for their products / services, so it all has to be handled on site before submitting to Paypal.

Ideally the process I’d like to follow is:

1) Offer the full price items across the site as normal.
    2) Offer a 5% discount if the visitor signs up to my newsletter say.
    3) Email them a link to a hidden url on the site (or similar), preferably one unique to them and that expires after a time I set, e.g. 7 days.
    4) Set a suitable cookie enabling a site wide discount.
    5) EME picks up the cookie and applies the discounts whenever appropriate pages are displayed. I’m in 2 minds about whether the price should be updated to show the discount, or whether the discount should only be shown when arriving at Paypal.com so this should perhaps be configurable.

Ta muchly.

Franky
    Keymaster

Discounts can now be done via an action hook, see the doc concerning “Hooks and filters”. You can also check the value of any custom form field to make a decision, but it wil only show when going to paypal (although you can change the payment message to your liking too).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top