Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Path to internal plugin files should not be hardcoded

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All references to ‘<?php bloginfo ( ‘wpurl’ );?>/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended’ and similar should be changed to a constant, something like, ‘DBEM_PLUGIN_DIR’, which will not break in non-standard installations.

Then add at the top of events-manager.php (around line 32):

define(‘DBEM_PLUGIN_DIR’, WP_PLUGIN_URL.’/’.str_replace(basename( __FILE__),””,plugin_basename(__FILE__))); //PLUGIN DIRECTORY

Franky
    Keymaster

well, this was in before my time, so I left it 🙂

But it is a good suggestion! Tx! I’ll take it into the next version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Totally understood. The original version of this plugin, although ambitious in scope, was quite messy in presentation. I’m very glad you’ve taken it on. I’ve had to make quite a few fixes to get it to work properly, especially in regard to recurrent events and categories.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve committed the changes for this to trunk. It’s not really worth a new release though, but if you want it, you can do a svn checkout of http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/events-manager-extended/trunk/

For the moment, there’s also a lot of

bloginfo ( 'wpurl' )?>/wp-admin/admin.php

in the code. Is there some constant that gives me the url to wp-admin, or does that need to stay the same?

Tx again for the tip!

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: I appreciate any and all other fixes you might have 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t tested it but there’s a WP function called admin_url() that should return the URL.

I’ll send you a zip file of my version of the plugin. Please email me at XXXXXX, and delete this email from the post if you can.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top