Events Made Easy Forums How do I … particular membership

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    I would like to create a membership where the fee increments a counter instead of a duration. For example, a custom field would be set to 20 coupons. These 20 would be consumed as and when required for certain events. Members could pay for their membership again and this would add +20 to the custom field.
    Does this already exist? I’ve looked at the different discounts but I don’t think it works as I would like.
    Have a nice day,
    Frédéric

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some further explanation. Our association organises sailing trips, the price of which depends on the duration. It also sells a card with 20 tickets. This card allows you to pay for the sailing with the tickets. The tickets are cheaper than paying for the sailing each time. As EME only allows online payment for events or memberships I have created a membership card. The problem is how to add 20 tickets when the card has been used up. First you have to remove the member from the membership so that they can join again (i.e. buy a 20 ticket card). I would like the member to be able to add 20 tickets to their existing card without delete the member first. How do I do this?

Franky
    Keymaster

The memberships are all time-based, not usage-based.
    Maybe in your case you should sell an event with 20 spaces as min/max per seats to book. Then use the rsvp-qrcode to count the number of times the code has been scanned (if logged in with sufficient rights).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to think about it. Otherwise I’d have to set up a non-EME payment and some code to update the relevant custom field value. Thanks for your help
    Have a nice day
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, for a usage-based membership extra coding is required: a counter per member, keeping track of the member-qrcode scan count, the ability to change that counter, the combo of counter+timebased memberships, a check for when the count has exceeded the limit of the membership, …
    Feel free to sponsor me a bit in that 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top