Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Partial Payment – how to handle?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I edited a booking and used the “Partial Payment” function, entered an amount and got the confirmation that “the action was successful”. Unfortunately, I can not find information about this. not in the bookings list, not in the printable list of all booking. Also the paypal link still leads to the full sum of money to be payed.

Do I miss something?

Thanks again and best regards from Germany,
    Armin

Franky
    Keymaster

You can show extra columns in the list of bookings.
    But I’m not sure that I take into account a mix between partial payments and paypal (or any other payment gateway). I’ll check to be sure, but otherwise for now it is not possible to mix the 2.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see. Thanks for checking. Anyways – is there a way I can modify the “printable version” of the list of bookings? I might add that column for that list as well then I could handle it at the event location at checkin time.

Franky
    Keymaster

For that it is best to use the csv export, that contains all columns so you can change these as you see fit (see the documentation on hooks and filters on this site that also allows you to remove/switch columns around).

Franky
    Keymaster

I just checked the code and partially entered amounts should be taken into account for the paypal amount … are you sure EME accepted the amount? It needs to be entered as an international number (no comma and a dot for the decimals).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes it accepted the correctly entered amount. but I will stick with the csv export as you recommend. thanks for your quick support.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, good news. I checked again and I can confirm that partial amounts are being taken in account when it comes to the payment confirmation page and the paypal process. Great!

But – if I do a CSV export of the bookings of an event, there are no columns about the partially paid amount or the remaining amount.

But you said it should contain all columns, right?

Franky
    Keymaster

how do you do the CSV export? Via the link below the event title in the list of events? Of via the CSV button? Because the CSV button only shows what is currently visible in your table, nothing more, nothing less. While the “CSV Export” link shows all info.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well it seems to be the other way around. If I click the “CSV export” link, only limited information are included, no information about partial payment can be found there, but it can directyl be opened by excel, the columns fit.

Instead, if I choose all the necessary columns in the table where the bookings of this certain event are listed and I click the CSV button (not the csv export link!), the necessary information shows up, but unfortunately in a typical ” ” ” format… so I need to use import filters to open it with excel.

so it seems just the other way around. Wouldn´t it make sense to have the CSV link including everything (really everything) as an alternative to the “printable view” link where some important parts are missing or at least not easily configurable?

Anyways, I get what I need more or less easily…

thanks for your great product.

Franky
    Keymaster

Hummm … maybe I forgot to add the partial info to the CSV export then. I’ll check

Franky
    Keymaster
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top