Events Made Easy Forums How do I … parse error – site and wp-admin unreachable

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When doing what I considered minor changes to dbem_rsvp.php I eventually got the message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘”‘ in ../wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/dbem_rsvp.php on line 324

Now both the site and the wp-admin are unreachable, showing only this error message.

Do you have any idea what went wrong? Looking at the file, I am quite sure I did not even touch line 324, and editing should deactivate the plugin anyway, shouldn’t it?

I would be very grateful for a quick response as everything is halted at the moment.

Thank you and best regards,

Marc

Franky
    Keymaster

Well … restore the file from the distributed version and it should be ok again

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I did that of course. In your post http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=58#post-651 you suggest that its a WP editor issue, so I’ll keep my hands off it for now. What would you consider a “nicer editor” by the way?

Best regards,

Marc

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I use “vi” 🙂 But wordpad or notepad++ should be ok, just make sure that the strings “n” remain “n”

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw, I changed the code in trunk to remove these “n” characters, so it should be ok in future versions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top