Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Only 10 events displaying

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the events list (http://wmlwl.com/events), only 10 events will show up. How do I make it so all of my events show up?

Franky
    Keymaster

See here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#shortcodes

Create your own page for events and put just [events_list limit=xxx] in it, don’t use the default page, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#issues

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright cool, that fixed it. However, now none of the event links work. That is, when I try to view the details of the event it simply goes back to the list.

Franky
    Keymaster

Check the setting “Default event list format”, it should contain the shortcode “#_LINKEDNAME” that displays the name of the event+the link.

If you’re using permalinks of some kind: that I still need to test, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=30

If you mail me your permalink config (http and wordpress) I can try it out here …

My mail: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Franky

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have linked name in there. This is what I use: <blockquote><strong>#M #j #Y - #g:#i#A<br/> #_LINKEDNAME<br/>#_LOCATION</strong><br/>#_EXCERPT</blockquote>

My permalinks are set as: /%category%/%postname% so that the pages are renamed.

With that, a link to my event is still: http://wmlwl.com/events?event_id=21 which I am perfectly fine with.

But no matter what, the description still will not work. It works if I use the default page though. I have no permalinks set through htaccess, so I’m not sure what is wrong.

Franky
    Keymaster

If I use the custom structure

/%category%/%postname%

without .htaccess file, nothing works at all (not even the standard about page). If I activate htaccess like this in apache:

<Directory /var/www/html/wordpress>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    </Directory>

and with this as content for /var/www/html/wordpress/.htaccess:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /wordpress/
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /wordpress/index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

everything works just fine. According to this

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks you always need a .htaccess for pretty permalinks without “index.php” in them.

Franky
    Keymaster

btw, if wordpress is in your web root (like it seems to be the case for you), this would need to be:

<Directory /var/www/html>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    </Directory>

(replace “/var/www/html” with your html docroot)

and for the .htaccess:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah looks like there was some permalinks stuff in the .htaccess before, just didn’t notice it (d’oh). The difference between what was there and what you wrote was RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]

Unfortunately even after editing the .htaccess file as you mentioned, I still have the same problem. This is odd. I can also confirm that mod_rewrite is enabled in Apache.

This is my htaccess file, seems to be fine:

# Prevents directory listing
    Options -Indexes
    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress
    Header unset ETag
    FileETag None
    # Add Proper MIME-Type for Favicon
    AddType image/x-icon .ico
    # turn on the module for this directory
    ExpiresActive on
    # set default
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 24 hours"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 3 months"
    ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 months"
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 months"
    # Gzip compression
    <FilesMatch ".(js|css)$">
    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
    </FilesMatch>

I tried removing the no directory listing code, but that also did not make a difference

If it helps, I can give you admin access to my wordpress.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If this seems to just be an odd one-off case wherein a solution is not clear or readily available, the plugin meets all of my needs as is. Thus, if you have any idea what to edit so that the default Events page can show more than 10 events, that would be awesome and wholly appreciated!

Franky
    Keymaster

Wait a sec … I think I got it …

You probably deleted the Events page, created your own and forgot to change the settings in Events Manager Extended (or something alike). I tried it here and got the same behaviour then.

You really need to assign an existing page for the option “Events page” (not a trashed page or a deleted page) and save.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahhh that was it! I had completely forgotten about that setting. But now the events page doesn’t show up in the menu (it is titled Events).

It will show up if I select yes for the Show events page in lists option. But then it no longer uses the shortcode and is thus limited to 10 events.

Even if I change the page name to something like Events1 (incl the slug), it still does not show up unless I select yes for the option mentioned above. Is this a side effect of the option having not yet been deprecated?

Franky
    Keymaster

I think you’re thinking too fast here 🙂

– First: create a empty page (eg. called ‘Events’) and assign it to Evens Manager Extended in the Settings. Also: select the option of not to show that page in the menu list.

==> By default, upon install Events Manager Extended already created such a page and uses it itself.

==> the content of that page will be totally ignored and replaced by content generated at runtime by Events Manager Extended

– Second: create a new page (call it ‘Events’ as well if you want, but make sure you can distinguish between both pages) and put your shortcode in that page. This page can/will be visible in the menu as to your liking.

In the next version, I’ve corrected some things so if you try to edit the page assigned to Events Manager Extended, you get a warning.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, that makes sense now. I did notice earlier that there were 2 Events pages which had confused me, thus leading me to deleting both and create a new single Events page.

Thanks, everything is working perfectly now 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top