Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Noob Question for generating membership form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    I have recently started using you plugin to for my events booking and it is working great, i gradually getting my head around its usage.

Ive now moved on to build the membership form but cannot even get it to display on a page.

Ive created a template called membership form with an ID of 4. Within the template format i have put
    #_EMAIL as a required shortcode
    Ive created a page and put [eme_add_member_form id=4] as the shortcode.

I must be making a stupid mistake or (really not understanding how this works)

Any guidance would be much appreciate

Thanks in advance

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

You’re confusing things. Per the documentation for that shortcode:
    id: the ID of the membership for which the form should be shown

So id is the membership id, not a template id. When defining the membership, all settings need to be choosen using templates, also the form.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes silly mistake. Many thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi again,

I am still missing something, I am trying to generate a form so users can register and be stored in the database. and then eventually be tied to my events. Whatever i try cannot display a membership form.
    Would you be able a basic workflow to creating this, once i am on the right track i should be ok.

Excellent plugin working really well for my events that went live over the past couple of weeks.

Best Regards

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

Adding a membership is as simple as clicking on “add membership” and at least choose the membership form template. As mentioned: “This is the form that will be shown when a new member wants to sign up for this membership. The template should at least contain the placeholders #_LASTNAME, #_FIRSTNAME, #_EMAIL and #_SUBMIT. If not, the form will not be shown.”
    For membership form placeholders, see the doc: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-13-membershipform/
    After that, just add [eme_add_member_form] on a regular wordpress page with either the id or name parameter, see https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/eme_add_member_form/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent exactly what i needed, ive read over the documentation many times but was still blind to the issue. I understand now, it is working.

Many thanks

Carl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top