Events Made Easy Forums Generic Multiprice Registration Books Seats for each Price

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The situation: we have events that contain two prices and have minimum spaces and maximum spaces both set to 1.

EVENT SETTINGS
    ——————————————–
    price: 222||333
    min seats: 1||1
    max seats: 1||1
    enable registration for this event: true
    only take attendance for this event: true
    ——————————————–

The booking form insists that we include Seats{1} and Seats{2}.

This produces the following HTML:
    <input type=”hidden” name=”bookings[17][bookedSeats1]” value=”1″>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”bookings[17][bookedSeats2]” value=”1″>

As a result, a registration is made for a seat at both prices, the booking table records two bookings, and the person is billed for both seats.

Franky
    Keymaster

This is logical: you’re requiring a minimal *and* max of 1 for each type of seats. So there’s no other option than that both seat types are set to 1.
    If you just want a minimum of 1 for both types together, set the min and max to just 1 (and not multiprice 1||1).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for explaining the logic, it makes sense now.

The issue that I’m trying to deal with is this: we have a registration form and we want to register one seat per booking. We also want to advertise two prices. We do not want the user to choose a price option as we determine which price will be charged. Perhaps this is a job for the filters.

Franky
    Keymaster

2 prices but you don’t want to ask info? Then I think you’ll need to take a look at code-based discounts indeed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll look at that more closely. We’ll follow up with our client to see if their pricing works with a discount.

thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top