Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Multiple locations for same event?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

Is it possible to set up an event so that I can select multiple locations for it? I have a client who is offering the same event at 5 different locations, on different dates, around the US. I’d like people to be able to choose their desired location for the booking and google map display.

Any ideas on how to achieve this without listing each event separately?

Thanks,

Anne

Oops – didn’t mean to put this in the official announcements forum – can you move this to feature requests?

Franky
    Keymaster

Different locations and different dates? Then these are different events that happen to have the same description 🙂

Maybe in the future I can add “linked” events so you can link events and based on eg. a location for the user (like the phone) we show one event (or all, if the location doesn’t match).

For now: you’ll have to create a page where you ask the user for the location he’s interested in and then show the relevant event.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m guessing this can easily be implemented now using the [events_filter] shortcode … so closing, unless you have other issues with this

Anonymous
    Inactive

This sounds a lot like what we are trying to do. I’m using a page (not a post) that holds the description of the event, a training class, (Our events and description are always the same and never change, what does change is location, date and time. In the class description page, we’d like to place a form that users can “register” for the particular class (description). The same class can be given at the same time but different locations or it can be given at different times and different locations or different times and same locations. So instead of modifying the “details” of the events all the time, we are using the external link to display the events details. The problem with this is the registration form is on the event details page (which there is only one) so the registration form becomes an issue because the user can’t pick the date and location. So how do we get around this?? We need a registration form that allows the user to pick the date and location. Current registration form has to be called with a specific event ID. Is there any way to call the registration form without an event ID, but have the event ID passed to it during registration?

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top