Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Multiple booking per event

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I need to be able to let one person book several places on an event but provide different details for each booking. We have some people booking places for others who don’t have an account on the site, so they’re using the other persons name and their own email address several times over so they still receive the booking emails.

What would be the best way to manage this?

I thought I’d sorted it by setting the RSVP option Allow only one booking per person and not selecting Require WP membership for booking as that states to use #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN so the form isn’t pre populated.

When I log in as a standard user and view the event I can see the booking form but it’s still pre-populated with the WordPress user details and they can’t be changed, even when logged in as Admin. (Deselecting Allow only one booking per person doesn’t make any difference)

When logged in as a standard user I can select the text but not delete/overwrite it.

When logged in as admin I get the cross at the end of the last name so still have to search and select from a list of users.

How do I get the form to be blank on load, when a standard user is logged in so they can just type their details?

Thanks,
    David.

Franky
    Keymaster

If someone wants to enter other info, just log out. EME links info with your wordpress account, so it will stay read-only if logged in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The problem there is I want to make sure people need to be logged in to book a space on an event to prevent random people booking places when they shouldn’t be able to.

I want people who are logged in to be able to book a space on an event for other people.

I thought setting it up this way would work as underneath Require WP membership for booking it states: This will only show the booking form for logged in users and prefill the form with the personal data from their wordpress profile. That data can’t be changed in the form then, so if you don’t want this, you can deactivate this option and use #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN to show the form to logged in users only.

Is there a way for people who are logged in to enter different details in the booking form to book a space for other people?

Franky
    Keymaster

I’d need to check/change the form logic then … a big job to change. I’m willing to take a look, but later on 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will act as you expected it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great news, thank you – looking forward to testing it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

It doesn’t seem to work, setup as advised previously.

I’m using #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN and have Require WP membership for booking and Allow only 1 booking per unique email address unchecked.

When I load the event as a standard user I am able to use the x to clear the WordPress fields that have been pre-populated.

If I enter first name and email before last name it works fine.

If I enter last name first it locks the other two fields.

As soon as something is entered in last name it locks the other two fields.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ll need to check all use-cases, but can you test this changeset:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2639183/

Anonymous
    Inactive

This seems to be working, I can enter details in any field and still change them after the surname has been populated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Do you have a time in mind when you might release this?

Thanks.

Franky
    Keymaster

This is already in the 2.2.41 version released 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky, I must have missed it in the changelog.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top