Events Made Easy Forums How do I … multi-booking form categories

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I am trying to use the multi-booking form the first time and I do have some questions – maybe feature requests:

Is it possible to list all events in the form without having to type in all ids or recurrence-ids?
    Can I sort the output? It would be great to show the events by categories. Otherwise when showing a lot of events it is quite confusing.

Thanks in advance,
    Meike

Franky
    Keymaster

Either recurrence id is needed (only 1 id to show all events in that recurrence) or the id’s of your liking. Events are ordered by date.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, thanks. Could be a good further development. If you have a lot of events in different categories with different target groups it takes some time to find the events you want to take part.
    In my case attendess must book several courses to get a certificate of attendance. So I just wanted to shorten the time they need to book all courses needed.
    On the other hand it would save me a lot of time if I just could icnlude all events.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just one further question: Can I use several recurrence-ids, comma separated like ids? Or can I just use on recurrence id?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, good news: category_id is also a parameter (just wasn’t documented yet, I corrected that now).

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s great! Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can I use mor than on category (like ids)? When I put in several categories only the events form the first are shown.

Franky
    Keymaster

no, that is not foreseen there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

okay, actually I found a workaround using several multibooking forms – one for each category. But there is a new problem:
    I want to provide the oportunity to book every event as a single event by using the normal booking form and to book several events from one category in a row by using a multibooking form.
    So I have to send different emails to the attendees – depending on wether they used the multibooking form or not. I understood that I have to choose a multibooking mail-template in the settings of the first event in the multibooking list. But then the email listing all booked events is also send whent this event is booked as a single event – with a blank list.
    So my question is: can I use the conditional tag #_IS_MULTIBOOKING in email templates?
    Or is there another way to realise this?

Franky
    Keymaster

#_IS_MULTIBOOKING is exactly what you want there 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s cool. But actually I can’t get it working.
    The syntax should be: [eme_if tag='#_IS_MULTIBOOKING' value='1'] Do something [/eme_if]– right? This doesn’t have any effect.
    I tried the same with [eme_if tag='#_IS_LOGGED_IN' value='1'] You are logged in [/eme_if] and it works. Am I doing anything wrong?

Franky
    Keymaster

It should work. But that placeholder can only be used in mails or booking info. I’ll try it again this weekend too, but I remember creating that placeholder just for that reason …

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: tested it here and it works as expected in the mails.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay: So the syntax I wrote in the post above is correct or is there any fault?

Franky
    Keymaster

This works for me:

[eme_if tag="#_IS_MULTIBOOKING" value="1"] is multibooking [/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag="#_IS_MULTIBOOKING" value="0"] is no multibooking [/eme_if]
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Works! Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi MerkWert, could you possible be so kind to show an example on hoy did you manage to use several multibooking forms – one for each category?

What I’m trying is something like this, but this obviously lose the required fields for the subsequents forms.

[eme_add_multibooking_form category_id=4 template_id=3 template_id_header=2 template_id_footer=9]
    [eme_add_multibooking_form category_id=1 template_id=3 template_id_header=10 template_id_footer=9]
    [eme_add_multibooking_form category_id=2 template_id=3 template_id_header=11 template_id_footer=9]
    [eme_add_multibooking_form category_id=3 template_id=3 template_id_header=12 template_id_footer=4]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top