Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented More info on attendees list

Tagged: 

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

First, thanks for this great tool!

Is it possible to show attendees phone number and comments also on attendees list?

I try to display attendees list on event page with more details.

Franky
    Keymaster

For now: no. I consider this info a bit too personal to be displayed on the net. You can always get a list in the admin backend if you want. Later on I’ll try to make the info shown more configurable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand this for sake of privacy. I was thinking we could use comment field to indicate “I need a ride to this event” for example. But maybe we can find another way for this type of organizing.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m always open to suggestions 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to see the full name of the attendee, not only his username. Is this possible?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, this is info shown on the event data. Do you really want to show private info there? It’s a point open for discussion … I think I will make this configurable (with placeholders), but don’t forget: you have all the info you need in the backend if you just want to know who booked how many places.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using event manager extended to subscribe for golfmatches. The management of the golfcourse wants to know how many players will participate and need their full name. I don’t want them to give access to the backend, they only have to take a look at the event page.

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, yes, I know there’s a use for everything 🙂

But be happy: I implemented formatting for the attendees list in the trunk version. You’ll be able to use #_NAME, #_PHONE, #_EMAIL and #_ID placeholders in a new setting, just to format the #_ATTENDEES list.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, great service. I understand I need subversion to install a trunk version. I’ve never done that and maybe it’s better to wait for a normal update. Do you already have an new release date in mind?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, you can always download the latest trunk version here to try out, it won’t be that different from the released version this week. Get the trunk version here:

http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/events-manager-extended.zip

Any feedback is appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Liedeke,

I’ve installed the trunk version but I’m still only able to show the username and not the full name. I’ve tried to use #_RESPNAME amd #_FULLNAME but that won’t do the trick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it also possible to fill the booking-delete-form with the username and emailaddress (just like the bookingform)? In that case I can set the booking-delete-form to non-display.

Franky
    Keymaster

As I said: #_NAME, #_PHONE, #_EMAIL, #_ID

nothing else is available for a user.

You are probably talking about wordpress user info. I might be able to add that info too …

Anonymous
    Inactive

For a logged in user, you fill the booking form with his username and emailaddress. If it’s possible to change this to the full name, than my problem is solved I guess.

I also tried to leave the telephone field blank, but that wasn’t possible.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, normally the “display_name” is taken for wordpress users, see

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_currentuserinfo.

For the phone: correct, I forgot to delete part of an if-statement. I updated this in trunk for eme_rsvp.php. You can get this version here: http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-manager-extended/trunk/eme_rsvp.php

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have set all the display_names to the full name of the members. In the attendee list I don’t see that name, so I think you are using the username in stead of the display_name

Franky
    Keymaster

That info gets copied in, so once it’s in there and you changed the display settings afterwards, it won’t affect anything any more. Try with a new booking. For the rest, search for

$current_user->display_name in eme_rsvp.php if you want to check for yourself to see what I use.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, you’re totally wright. Thank you very much.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I took a look at the code and changed it a bit: now for users that have a wordpress ID, the name/email is always taken from the function get_userdata(ID), so the info is changed according the preferences of the user.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The lastest changes seem to have broken registration for non WP users. When I try to register for an event only my phone number shows in the attendee list now.

Franky
    Keymaster

Does it break registration for non WP users or does it only show not enough info?

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I found it. Small bug when displaying the person info. Replace eme_people.php by this one:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-manager-extended/trunk/eme_people.php?rev=308056

I also replaced it in the released version, so new upgraders won’t have that problem anymore.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, that took care of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to show the number of seats when I use #_ATTENDEES on my page?

Would be nice…

tnx

Vince

Franky
    Keymaster

has been added in trunk: the attendees list format can now also use #_USER_RESERVEDSPACES

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to wait for an update or can I use the code already?

Franky
    Keymaster
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top