Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented More about admin panel – deleting a certain date of a recurring event

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just learned that if you try to delete a certain date of a recurring event, you will delete all of them. You can destroy lot of work with a single action. I would love a button “delete this event”, that makes it a single event (like modifying a recurring event now) and deletes it.

Now I just have to find all these deleted events back.

Franky
    Keymaster

You can edit the specific event, that will take it out of the recurrence, and then delete it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, I know it now. What I tried to do was delete multiple events from a certain date. It didn’t work.

Franky
    Keymaster

Implemented in trunk: “now you can delete events of an recurrence or the whole recurrence (no longer needed to take an event out of an recurrence before being able to delete just that event)”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

When you delete an entire recurrence, the screen going blank leaves me feeling a bit unnerved!

This obviously isn’t an error (i.e., click Edit and the Events list displays, sans the deleted recurrence – great!)… just cosmetic.

Franky
    Keymaster

That shouldn’t be happening. What version of trunk are you testing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I last downloaded on 08/17 at 4:52 pm EST. I’m probably behind…! Thursday morning will be my first opportunity to get back to this, so I’ll download then and check it out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Woke up early so I tried new version… same result!

Am I doing this right?

. added a recurrent event

. on Edit event list, clicked box for 1st occurence

. Bulk Actions: Delete selected recurrent events… Apply

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, got it. Bug is here also 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, fixed in trunk. The change:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/428232

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect! Not to mention less unnerving… 🙂

Thank you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top