Events Made Easy Forums Generic Menu Meta Problems

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First, I had Event Manager installed, I uninstalled it and installed EME.

Then, the last menu (whatever menu that is) on the page gives the following error:

WordPress database error: [Table ‘wp_database.wp_postmeta’ doesn’t exist]

SELECT COUNT(meta_id) FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key=’_menu_item_menu_item_parent’ AND meta_value=’27’

The error repeats (with a different meta_value) for each menu item. Then, after x errors, the menu is displayed.

If I disable EME, the menu functions. When I enable EME, menu gives the error.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME doesn’t use any call to wp_postmeta at all. Maybe the old “Events Manager” plugin has some things that might cause this? And for the record: EME (as in “Events Made Easy”) is the follow-up from “Events Manager Extended”, not “Events Manager”.

Deactivate EME, remove all tables refering to ‘Events Manager’, and reactivate EME. That should help you along.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That did the trick… De-activated, deleted the EME tables, re-activated and all is good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I spoke too soon! Something is conflicting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some more testing, no solution. If the widget is removed from the sidebar, the errors go away.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you try to disable all other plugins, does it work ok then?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope. All plugins except EME were disabled. Same error shows up.

I’m wondering if the old Event Manager (which isn’t as nice as EME) left something in the postmeta table.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I know that “Events Manager” uses the post meta method, so that’s possible. But still it doesn’t explain why activating EME causes this issue then … Maybe some wildcard hook they use?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t have a lot done one the site, so I deleted it and started over. It looks like there was something leftover from the Event Manager plugin that was causing it. None of the plugins are conflicting.

Franky
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it isn’t EME causing the troubles 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top