Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

I have created a membership with a start date of 01/01/2021.
    I have just had a member apply for next year successfully, but when i look at the members the start date is 01/01/2020 and end date 01/01/2021.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, the code took into account people that start during a membership period and then take that start date minus one period so people would already be a member for the current “period”. That’s why I also added the option “one free period”, so people would then e.g. register in November, get the membership of the current year *and* of the next year (very simplistic, I know).
    But in all calculations, I didn’t account for the simple fact that the start date of the membership could actually be in the future. This should fix that:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2447088/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

Thanks for the swift fix.

I am trying to test this but have experienced another issue whilst trying. I have created a new member from the front end, this comes into the system as pending but obviously with no start or end date as it has not been approved. (I also noticed it gets put into the group i have created for this years membership even though it is still pending is this correct?). Then when I goto members and select the pending member and try to mark it with accept membership payment the ‘please wait’ highlights but never changes or accepts membership. I also received and email from my site at this point stating eme has caused a fatal error and the page creating the error was the member iD i have tried to change to paid.

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you try the latest version? It incorporates the fix already …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes i have installed your fix V2.1.100 before i started testing

Franky
    Keymaster

sorry, I made a typo. I’m releasing 2.1.101 now

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

Tried this and works well for start date in advance.

Thanks for your continued support

Franky
    Keymaster

Just to point out: even after marking a member as paid the member will stay “pending” (if the membership status calculation is set to “automatic”) until the day the membership starts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top