Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Membership or RSVP for conference signups/registration

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I’m looking for advice how to best implement this in EME…

We will have a weeklong conference with more than 100 single events, for some you need to sign up. Obviously I’ll be using RSVP for all the individual event bookings.

What I’m not so sure about though is how to best implement the registering/booking for the entire conference week? We are offering different pricing tiers and some will have the option of adding discounts, too. We will need to send confirmation emails and invoices and allow people to cancel their attendance.

My hunch is that EME memberships would fit best here. But I probably could also setup a “special” weeklong event here as well and have people RSVP just as well?
    What would you recommend? What is the advantage of one over the other, if any?

Thank you!

Franky
    Keymaster

In this case (different pricing, discounts, the need to cancel) you need to use events + RSVP. The user can’t cancel a membership.
    For the pricing either create different events for each pricing, or 1 with extra options (custom fields, with the “Extra charge” set). That way you can add e.g. an option “buy a t-shirt” and that can then influence the price.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is very helpful. Thank you for the prompt reply!
    I also like your hint about T-shirts and stuff – we’ll probably have some merch, too!
    All this makes a lot of sense now. RSVP is just way more flexible and powerful.

Just thought that using several memberships would keep the conference bookings separate and easier to distinguish from the single event bookings.

Thanks again.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, using “week” events might create an issue in the count of people present for events, so you’ll need to take that into account … you have the multibooking option, but it is not easy to create discounts for that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What issue could that be?
    In my mind it’s just one single event that happens to run from Monday to Sunday? Also this “special” event wouldn’t show up in any calendars and would use a specific category. And people sign on for the entire week and not for individual days.

So it should behave like “normal” events and share all the properties of normal events, right?

Or are there problems I’m missing here?

Franky
    Keymaster

No no, they are “regular events”, but if someone signs up for a “week” event and others for individual events, you need to take both into account for the total count of signed up people if the person that signed up for the week has the right to be present to that individual event too … but maybe it doesn’t matter in your use-case.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, I see your point – thanks for making that clear and alerting me.
    Fortunately, this indeed won’t be a problem in my use-case.
    But it’s always valuable to understand things thoroughly. So thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top