Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Membership and password

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Francky
    I hope you are in good health !
    When a person signs up for a membership, there is an option to also create the WordPress User. This works fine.
    I didn’t find any placeholder for the user to choose a password.
    What is this user’s password and how do I tell him or her what it is, so he or she can log into WordPress?
    Thank you again for this excellent extension.
    Fred.

Franky
    Keymaster

The user receives an email with a random generated password, like as if he signed up in wordpress himself with the random password proposed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you sure because in my tests I have never received this email with the random password ?
    Maybe I have to create one ?

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, I’m sure. See the function eme_create_wp_user in eme_functions.php (where I also call wp_send_new_user_notifications) and I also tested it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, Franky,
    The behavior is different on my local MAMP site. I thought it was due to another plugin that I use ProfileGrid to manage my users. So I deactivated this plugin.
    After a new membership with EME the member receives the confirmation email from EME, the online payment goes well. I can easily find the person who registered in the members, people and group I chose. The user is well marked active and paid and I find it well also in the wordpress users. But the new member does not receive an email concerning neither his login, which he does not choose, nor his password.
    If the new subscriber tries to connect by declaring to have forgotten his password, WP indicates to enter his mail and indicates to watch his mailbox that he will send him the password but no mail arrives. WP sends the mail to the administrator but not to the new subscriber. And I can’t understand why. Will I have a pb with my WP installation ?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, if no mail arrives for a password reminder, you’ll have to check your WP *and* PHP mail settings, and your mailserver logfiles …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok Franky, my MAMP installation having tested a lot of themes and plugin I must have something damaged. I started again on a clean installation and everything is ok now, the mails are coming well.
    Thank you for answering me quickly and oriented on the right track.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top