Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Max bookable seats per seat-type

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m using events made easy and I’m really enjoying it.

I created a quite big rsvp form for http://www.warsaw2014.coop and it would have been very beneficial if I could define different “caps” for different seat-types.

In that specific case, for example, every delegate registered counts as one SEAT1 and every accompanying person registered couns as one SEAT2.

SEAT3, SEAT4 and SEAT5 are workshops that both can attend. It would be great to be able to set maximum 1 seat for SEAT1 and SEAT2, while SEAT3, SEAT4, SEAT5 have a different limt (2 for example).

I’d like to see that feature implemented.

Thanks for your great work!

Franky
    Keymaster

So, to be sure: it’s not multiprice or multiseat, but multi-maxseat that you would like?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using multiprice and multiseat and I would like to set a maxseat value for every type of seat.

I’m thinking of something like:

price: 100||80||0

seats: 50||50||50

maxseats: 2||1||1

maxseats should override the default setting.

Does it make sense for you?

Franky
    Keymaster

Yup, that’s what I got from it 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

…and? 😛

Do you think that feature could be implemented or are you not interested?

Franky
    Keymaster

No no, it will get implemented 🙂

Hopefully before the next release …

Franky
    Keymaster

Pfff … it was a bigger change than expected.

Hopefully implemented with this change (untested as of yet):

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/850113

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Franky: great! You’re hyper-responsive!

I just updated and got the latest version. How do I set this feature?

I looked into Events>Edit, but didn’t see any new field. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s not released yet. Waiting for some test results from other testers and then I’ll release.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just installed 1.2.5 and the system works exactly as I desired. Thank you very much!

There is a small glitch, however: the input field allows a maximum number of chars that is not enough for my event. I originally added all seat types and costs directly in the database (I have 10 different seat types and prices are sometimes 3 digits long).

I now created a test event to see how max and min are handled and modified the “real” event inserting what I thought were the correct data into event_properties under prefix_eme_events, but it did not seem to work.

The data I actually inserted are:

a:3:{s:12:”auto_approve”;i:0;s:14:”ignore_pending”;i:0;s:7:”all_day”;

i:0;s:11:”min_allowed”;s:7:”1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0″;

s:11:”max_allowed”;s:8:”5||5||10||10||10||10||10||10||10||10″;}

What’s wrong?

Franky
    Keymaster

If you change it manually, you have to specify the correct string length as well:

s:7:”1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0″

==> 7 is not correct if you count the number of characters in the string following it. I think it is 28

(the same for max_allowed).

Concerning the “real” problem: the char limit. I think it is at 25 for now, so I’ll bump that up a bit …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I didn’t know that “s” meant size. It makes sense 😀

Bumping up the char limit would be a very welcome update for those who work with clients like mine 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top