Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Match terminology with Paypal? Can't figure out how to set up.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

EME says “Paypal business ID”, Paypal says Merchant Account ID”. Putting my Merchant Account ID into the Paypal business ID field gives me an error.

If I try to choose encryption, none of those terms match anything I can find on the Paypal site.

I’m trying to figure out how to connect EME to Paypal payment by credit card. But I can’t figure out where API info or anything else fits.

Franky
    Keymaster

Indeed, paypal has done a redesign on their site and is promoting a new API interface but the old one still works just fine.
    So you can just use your paypal email ID (EME says “Paypal business ID or email”)
    If you want encryption, you need to tell paypal about your certificates and such. For that I recommend you to read:
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/encryptedwebpayments/#id08A3I0P20E9
    It consists of 4 steps:
    Generate your private key
    Generate your public certificate
    Upload your public certificate to your PayPal account
    Download the PayPal public certificate from the PayPal website

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using the Paypal email address does get me to a pay page. Using the business ID gives me an error. Neither one gets me to a page where users can pay by credit card, which I had with another plug-in (but which had other problems).

Franky
    Keymaster

When you click on the paypal button, you arrive at paypal. There you can choose to enter your paypal login info, or click on “Don’t have a PayPal account?”. If you click on “Don’t have a PayPal account?” you can then pay via credit card.
    Btw: paypal is also supported via braintree integration (and that’s also in EME). There it is easier to show what payment methods are accepted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top