Events Made Easy Forums Generic Maps not displaying

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to display jpgs of maps we’ve created with our event locations. I’ve tried adding the #_MAP code to the Default single event format box. I also tried adding the [locations_maps] short code to individual events. Nothing works. When I look at Firebug, I’m not seeing any errors. I’m using the Weaver 2.2.2 theme with Portfolio Slideshow Pro and Meteor Slides. I tried deactivating both those plugins to no avail. I can’t think of anything else to check. Vista, Firefox 5.0.1, IE 8.0.6, latest WP

Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot to say that the web site is http://www.kcmga.org/.

Franky
    Keymaster

The map only displays if all data of the location is completed: location name, address and town.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All the locations in the locations list have data in all three fields, and I checked each individual entry. All three fields have data. Obviously, TBA and Internet don’t have number data in the address field or state in the town field, but I couldn’t figure out another way to handle that. Is there some formatting requirement that I missed?

This is a wonderful plugin. It’s easy to use and does almost everything we want it to do. We’d also like the reminder-email function, but that’s a minor thing compared to all the features that you’ve included. And thanks for the quick response.

Franky
    Keymaster

Could you give me a temp admin account? My email: liedekef@telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just set you up. You should be getting the username and password soon. The site is not yet public; I’m about the only person who looks at it right now.

Franky
    Keymaster

I received no mail so far …

Franky
    Keymaster

Even when editing an event on your site, the map doesn’t show while it should. I saw some weird JS errors on my side. The following can be the reason:

– your frontend theme

– another plugin

So use the default theme, disable all other plugins and activate one by one until you find the guilty one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t see Java script errors; could you point me to one? (I’m using Firebug 1.8.0.)

I deactivated all the plugins and switched the theme to 2010, then reactivated Events Manager Extended. When I edit a location, the map now shows where it should under the location image box, but it still does not show on the website pages.

I can import the map into the text box on the edit page of each event to get around this problem, so it’s not a biggie.

This is likely irrelevant, but I did notice that there is a line of text and links that should be in the WP footer that’s appearing over the Single Event Title Format box when editing an event. When Firebug is on, the line appears higher, just under the Name box. It was probably there all along, but I didn’t notice it until I opened Firebug.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m still guessing it’s your theme that messes this up, in my install of 3.2.1 I don’t have the disturbing line there (and the html is a bit different as well).

The JS was probably my firefox, because here at home I can’t reproduce the error. If you allow me to deactivate all plugins and go to the default theme, we can start from there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve saved the theme and made a backup,and I’ve sent out a note to anyone else who might drop into the site to let them know things may not look like they expect. You can do whatever you need to figure things out. Thanks for all your work on this. If it gets to be too much, I can keep pasting the maps into the text. It’s a small thing for a site like ours.

Franky
    Keymaster

I quickly tried it, but no success so far: your site keeps behaving weirdly. Did you change anything in the WP core itself? Or manually changed CSS or themes or so?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only changes I’ve made to CSS have been through code additions to the Weaver theme admin panel main and advanced options sections,mainly stopping items from displaying or changing spacing. I’m not that good with code, still feeling my way, so I don’t write my own. I find what I need on the WordPress or Weaver or other forums and cut and paste it.

What do you mean weirdly? I can tell you if I added any code that should affect what’s happening.

Franky
    Keymaster

I would first advise you to start with a basic fresh install of WP 3.2.1 and install EME on it, see if that works.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top