Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Map Location Balloon Styling Fix for IE 6 & 7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It took me longer to find the cause of this problem than it should have, because the cause is simple. HTML <br> tags are legal only within <p> or <div> containers. Even so, they generally can be used almost anywhere, because most HTML code is within some higher-level <p> or <div> container. However, <form> containers are treated as “island areas” within other code where higher-level <p> or <div> containers are irrelevant.

The map location balloon styling difference between IE 6 or 7 and other web browsers is due to the fact that IE 6 and 7 enforce the <br>/container rule whereas IE 8 and Firefox 3.6.13 do not. The fix is simply to change lines 706 through 709 in “eme_locations.php” from:

$res .= '<label for="saddr">'.__('Your Street Address','eme').'</label><br />';
    $res .= '<input type="text" name="saddr" id="saddr" value="" />';
    $res .= '<input type="hidden" name="daddr" value="'.$location['location_address'].', '.$location['location_town'].'" />';
    $res .= '<input type="hidden" name="hl" value="'.$locale_code.'" />';

To:

$res .= '<div><label for="saddr">'.__('Your Street Address','eme').'</label><br />';
    $res .= '<input type="text" name="saddr" id="saddr" value="" />';
    $res .= '<input type="hidden" name="daddr" value="'.$location['location_address'].', '.$location['location_town'].'" />';
    $res .= '<input type="hidden" name="hl" value="'.$locale_code.'" /></div>';

That causes map balloon content formatting to be the same in IE6/7/8 and Firefox 3.6.13. I don’t have IE9 installed, but I am reasonably sure the change will work correctly with it too, because it is rule-compliant.

Franky
    Keymaster

I added it to trunk, but shouldn’t the submit button be part of the div as well?

Btw: thanks for investigating this! Very much appreciated!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The submit button could be within the div, but having it outside causes the button to consistently be below the address text box, instead of sometimes to the right and sometimes below, which I thought was better.

Franky
    Keymaster

agreed 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just tested the current trunk version and confirm that this problem has been fixed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top