Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Map: Disable location balloon?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wondering if there is a way to disable the notification balloon on top of the Google Map?

And maybe a way to customize the default zoom level? I am using the #_MAP attribute with a custom eme.css stylesheet that makes the location balloon only 250×300 pixels and thus too small with the balloon over top of it. Any help?

Here is what it currently looks like: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1714/screenshot20111024at242.png

What I would ideally like to see: http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1714/screenshot20111024at242.png

Any help (with either request) would be greatly appreciated!

A

Franky
    Keymaster

For the balloon: it is not a configuration option, but you can disable it by editing the javascript file js/eme_location_map.js, and comment out (or remove) the line 119 that says

this.infowindow.open(this.map,this);

For zooming: normally intelligent zooming is used, but you can try changing in the same file line 142, that says:

this.setZoom(14);

Anonymous
    Inactive

Frank, in that case — the intelligent zooming is fine by me.

I commented out line 119 in js/eme_location.map.js that reads “this.infowindow.open(this.map,this);” but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

Let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks,

A

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any word on this Franky?

Franky
    Keymaster

sorry, I gave the line for the global map. For single events, comment out line 197 that says

s_infowindow.open(s_map,s_marker);

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky,

That worked great, but then I have switched over to Events Made Easy — first disabling Events Manager Extended and then deleting it once the new one had been activated — and had noticed that the map that had previously worked now shows up as nothing more than a green box.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

A

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually — I turned off the Map setting OFF and then ON again, and that seemed to have done it.

Appreciate all your help and you may consider this one solved and the user happy!

A

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top