Events Made Easy Forums How do I … manage "Locations" page?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there!

I want only specified people being able to book events. So, “normal” logged-in users may see the events-list, but NOT the events detail page. So they are not able to book this event. (only superiors are allowed)…

BUT…. I found out that the locations page is created on the events page, also!? I wanted the “normal” user being able looking onto locations details, but they are blocked, because “locations” is generated on “events”.

I declared events and locations to different permalinks: events=veranstaltungen and locations=orte….. but the page “orte” doesn’t exist?

Is there any chance blocking the booking form from users with too low role? Or dismantling locations page from events page?

Franky
    Keymaster

Protecting the main EME page with a wordpress password won’t work as expected. Read this on the special created events page:
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/3-installation-and-usage/

The easiest would be to create these superiors as people in EME and link them to their respective wordpress user, put these in an EME group (e.g. call the EME group “superiors”), and then limit the booking form using #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_USER_IN_GROUP{superiors} or limit the whole event itself using a conditional tag and check for the group using [eme_if] and evaluate #_IF_USER_IN_GROUP{superiors} .
    Maybe I’ll add another tag in the next version, so you can check for the role of a logged in user too: (something like #_IS_USER_HAS_ROLE{xxx} ), but it isn’t there yet 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much! This works!

I couldn’t manage to put WP-users into the group for using the #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_USER_IN_GROUP{superiors} tag.

The workaround creating a fake person and link it to the WP-account works fine! Now I may give registered users the ability to book events via this way. (creating EME_booker_1, EME_booker_2 and so on, linking to the original WP-account)

Franky
    Keymaster

This will be in 2.0.54:
    * Added event placeholders #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_USER_HAS_CAP{xx} (shows the booking form if user has a certain WP capability) and #__USER_HAS_CAP{xxx} (usefull as conditional tag check)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top