Events Made Easy Forums How do I … main events page – only 10 events showing…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there,

Sorry if this has already been covered, i couldn’t find it anywhere.

I love this plug in! this is my first difficulty with it. I’ve added 12 events and only 10 are showing on my main events page. I’m figuring it’s a pagination issue, but i don’t know how or where to change the settings to simply display all events. I’m not using shortcodes, but rather the events are being pulled into the page I’ve set (on the settings page) as the default events page. I’m sure there must be a simple answer for this. can anyone help?

Thanks!

kb

Franky
    Keymaster

By default only 10 are shown, change this using the shortcodes and the limit option, see:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=18

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for your response Franky!

Ok, i didn’t realize i could have no page selected as the default events page and just use shortcodes!

Thanks!

kb

Anonymous
    Inactive

So this was great, until i tried to click on a link to one of the individual events and the page did not change! the URL did, but i remained on the main events page. when i tested by switching back to selecting the events page as the default page for events in the settings (so overriding the shortcode) the links to the individual events did direct to the actual individual event page. Can you anyone offer any insight on how to resolve this?

THANKS!

kb

Anonymous
    Inactive

and now i’m having a conversation w myself 😉

i edited all 5 places in eme_events.php where the limit was set to 10 and changed it to 50. this will have solved it for me since we won’t have more than 50 events listed at once 😉

fyi i don’t have permalinks on.

cheers

kb

Franky
    Keymaster

don’t change the code. Use the shortcodes as I told you before. You *always* need a default event page (I never said you didn’t), it should best be a page not shown in the menu itself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to show more than 10 events, where is the shortcode added to?

Franky
    Keymaster

read this thread

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, I have read this thread several times and a lot more of the documentation and a lot of the word press documentation. I figured i would need to make a page template. The template I made did show up in the list where you edit the pages. So I then added the shortcode to my new template. I tried adding it in as is i.e. [events_list limit=20] The page still only showed ten events. I tried my hand at mimicking some of the other lines of code. No success. Now I really need some help, for all I know, I could be completely on the wrong track. Do I need a new template and if so where in the template does the shortcode go and what other little bits off code do I need to add to it?

Franky
    Keymaster

The special events page you set in the settings is needed and used to render events. As mentioned in the EME settings: “The content of this page (including shortcodes of any kind) will be ignored completely and dynamically replaced by events data.”

So create another page, add the shortcode and it will be ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

but why have two pages? especially if one isn’t listed in the menu? it’ll still be indexed by search engines and then could be confusing for users if it looks different than the one intended to be used. i’m confused about why having two events pages makes sense :-/

Franky
    Keymaster

My previous post stands: the special events page you set in the settings is needed and used to render events.

Events are not posts and thus need a page to render onto.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top