Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Long event not showing on all days in events list

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using [events_list category="2" limit="0" long_events="1"] to call a list of events from one category on a page. Everything is ok apart from long events: only the first day of the long event appears. I thought that long_events=”1″ would show bothe days (they are weekend events) or that the first day would have the date and times for both days (that’s preferable). Can you help?

Franky
    Keymaster

Try to not use quotes, see what that gives

Anonymous
    Inactive

no joy. It appears on both the Sat and the Sun in the full calendar, but both these entries link to the Sat of the event

Franky
    Keymaster

The event links to the event, what you show inside the event is completely configurable in the settings via placeholders (see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=23).

Anonymous
    Inactive

this what I’m using for the default event list format:

<li>
    <h3>#_NAME</h3><br />
    <p class="event-date"><strong> #l #j #F #_12HSTARTTIME to #_12HENDTIME</strong></p><br />
    <br />
    #_NOTES
    </li>

and the result is, in the weekend event I’m interested in: Saturday 4 June 10 AM – 5 PM. But the event is on from 10AM-5PM on both Saturday and Sunday. It appears on Saturday and Sunday in the full calendar, so that’s good. But how do I get the event in a list to say that it is on both on Saturday and Sunday? Sorry if the answer to this is obvious!

Franky
    Keymaster

You’re using “#l #j #F” which just shows the start date info, also use the end date then:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=25

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using

<h3>#_NAME</h3>

<p class="event-date"> #l #j #F #_12HSTARTTIME to #@l #@j #_12HENDTIME</p>

#_NOTES

gives me exactly what I want for an event that spans a weekend, Saturday 4 June 10:00 AM to Sunday 5 5:00 PM. The catch is that this is applied to all events including one day events, eg Saturday 4 June 7:30 PM to Saturday 4 10:00 PM. Most of my events are one day events and so having the end date and day is a bit silly. Is there a way to apply this to long events only?

Franky
    Keymaster

See the documentation for conditional tags, it has examples (see at the bottom) that do what you want:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, I followed your link but I can’t understand the tutorial. So if anyone out there has a more detailed explination of how to use conditional tags I’d really appreciate it. I expect it’s something pretty simple that I’m missing.

What I’ve done is insert the date and time of the second day of the event as the fist line in the notes, and then styled it with css so it looks like the date and time above. That will do fine, it’s rare for me to have a 2 day event, but I would love to know how to use these conditional tags.

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you look at the examples at the bottom of the page? You should really try to play with conditional tags, it adds a lot of freedom.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I tried pasting in:

[events_if tag='#_IS_LOGGED_IN' value='0'] You are NOT logged in [/events_if]

and

[events_if tag='#_IS_LOGGED_IN' value='1'] You are logged in [/events_if]

nothing showed other than a line of white space. Am I missing something basic here?

Franky
    Keymaster

Make sure you don’t have any extra html characters inside these shortcodes, wordpress is very picky about that. And in which setting did you enter this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

‘which setting did you enter this in?’ Groan!! I entered the code in the details box.

Ok, so in the ‘Default event list format’ setting the code ‘#l #j #F #_12HSTARTTIME to #_12HENDTIME[events_if tag='#_CATEGORIES' contains='weekend events'] and #@l #@j #_12HSTARTTIME to #_12HENDTIME [/events_if]‘ give me exactlty what I want, but I have to create a category and target it. Is there a way of targeting individual events? I’m having great difficulty following the tutorials you’ve been linking to, so if there is any other way you can help me I would be very grateful

Franky
    Keymaster

Why don’t you just check for the start and end date, and if they differ: show the end date. This is explained in an example on http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top