Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Locations Map Initial Min and Max Zoom Settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The Google map displays fully zoomed-out if there are no locations marked on a map, which causes several repetitions of the world map to display horizontally.

The Google map displays fully zoomed-in if only one location is marked, which often results in a blank gray window containing nothing but a single marker.

Is it possible to preset better initial zoom settings in those two cases?

Franky
    Keymaster

Is a map.fitbounds side effect. I forced min/max zoomlevels in the global map now. Changed files in trunk: eme_location_map.js

eme_location_map.js_with_infobox

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just installed from the trunk and tested the change. The single-event case is perfect, but it would be better to show more of the world in the zero-event case. I don’t know whether Google centers a map with no marker differently depending on a user’s geographic location. However, I am located in the Western U.S. and the zero-event map now includes mostly the Pacific Ocean. It would be better to show the entire world, so users won’t have to zoom to see there are no event locations for a selected time-period.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I experimented with Google map zoom level settings and found there isn’t a zoom level that displays the entire world once. Zoom level 2 doesn’t display the entire world. Zoom level 1 displays the entire world twice. I think zoom level 1 is the best option for the no-marker case, so users will be able to clearly see without zooming that there are no event locations. Even though not ideal, it is significantly better than the four world maps that previously displayed.

Zoom level 14 is perfect for the single event location case.

Franky
    Keymaster

personally not that important to me, so 1 it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top