Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Listing all categories to create filters

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to list all categories for all forthcoming events and have them clickable so that the events list gets filtered?

Ideally this list would be dynamic and automatically update as events are added with new categories and redundant categories are omitted.

If it is could some kind person point me in the right direction

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but unless you use php it is not possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

Thanks for the very quick reply, especially so late.

Well that sounds relatively positive.

I had assumed there would be php involved. Unfortunately its not one of my strongest points. I take it its a non-standard thing to do and reading between the lines, although it can be done its not a small task.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, something like that. I can add the code to create links per category, maybe that’s enough?

So then, eg. #_CATEGORY_LINKS would create a list of categories which then link to the list of future events for that category. Sounds fair? If so, I’ll move this to feature requests.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, that sounds just the thing

Thankyou

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, moving to feature requests.

Franky
    Keymaster

First code is in trunk for this, I now need to test it first 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Implemented in trunk, will be in the next version:

* Feature: added placeholder #_LINKEDCATEGORIES: creates a link per category for the corresponding event, linking to a list of future events for that category

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just spotted the progress. Great stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Might be a nice feature to have a shortcode for this to use outside of the single event?

Franky
    Keymaster

[events_list] already has categories as an option, is that not sufficient?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top